Mission 16 JTAC voice missing

2 hours ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

Every JTAC frequency. Not just the voice, the texts as well. So basically I judged the JTAC's targets only according to my own reply to them, they don't have voice, there's no subtitle on the screen. 

OK thanks I'll check.  Just to rule out the possibility had you taken any hits at all? I have had this happen  before after eating a MANPAD and damaging the radio.

9 minutes ago, ChillNG said:

OK thanks I'll check.  Just to rule out the possibility had you taken any hits at all? I have had this happen  before after eating a MANPAD and damaging the radio.

I took minor hit from a MANPAD, not direct hit just splash hit. Nothing broke, only small holes on my right wing. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

I took minor hit from a MANPAD, not direct hit just splash hit. Nothing broke, only small holes on my right wing. 

Ok thanks, it's possible one of your radio antenna was damaged, stopping you from receiving messages. The trigger that detects radio frequency and plays the radio message makes no provision for the radio actually still working or not, I have seen it happen in testing before.  I'll run some tests to be sure as soon as I can.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Ok thanks, it's possible one of your radio antenna was damaged, stopping you from receiving messages. The trigger that detects radio frequency and plays the radio message makes no provision for the radio actually still working or not, I have seen it happen in testing before.  I'll run some tests to be sure as soon as I can.

But I can still receive radio messages from Davy and overlord and the airport (when I RTB). It doesn't look like the antenna is broken. 

14 hours ago, Seabiscuit1985 said:

But I can still receive radio messages from Davy and overlord and the airport (when I RTB). It doesn't look like the antenna is broken. 

Ah ok, can't remember which radio the JTACs are on, if they're on VHF FM radio it could be that it's just that antenna as the others are UHF and AM.  But either way I'll check it out and see what's going on.

Just to close the loop on this one for anyone reading in the future.  Could not reproduce, I'm 99% sure this was due to a damaged VHF antenna, which would explain a one sided conversation.  If anyone else has this issue please let me know.

• Like 1

Hello :O)

Thanks very much for the great campaign, again ;O)))

I like to ask: I have the (a similar) same issue. After cleaning the 3 AA targets there is no progress and no communication. I tried this mission 3 times. The first time I died (my fault). The second and third time I had following problem: I have received coordinates to clean the 3x AA. Overlord asked about my status and Steep answered: I`m working". After that I had no further progress. Is there a time limit to destroy the 3 AA? I had no more communication with the team at that point. I had the feeling I was not fast enough to destroy all targets...

Maybe I did something wrong and I like to ask about help. 

Thanks very much!

45 minutes ago, razer668 said:

Hello :O)

Thanks very much for the great campaign, again ;O)))

I like to ask: I have the (a similar) same issue. After cleaning the 3 AA targets there is no progress and no communication. I tried this mission 3 times. The first time I died (my fault). The second and third time I had following problem: I have received coordinates to clean the 3x AA. Overlord asked about my status and Steep answered: I`m working". After that I had no further progress. Is there a time limit to destroy the 3 AA? I had no more communication with the team at that point. I had the feeling I was not fast enough to destroy all targets...

Maybe I did something wrong and I like to ask about help. 

Thanks very much!

The time limit won't be an issue, I believe this just affects the mission score if you haven't killed all three before the attack starts.  The three targets are an SA-9, a ZU-57 and a truck mounted AAA, the only condition to proceed is to have killed all three so the most likely issue is killing the wrong targets.  Think Ronnie gives you coords for each if you ask him so should hopefully be easy enough to ID.  Hope that helps!

Thanks for the hint, after destroying the 3 AA in time I was able to continue. Thanks very much for the cineastic campaign and for the good news that Steep will return. 

This campaign was crazy realistic, it felt really real!!!

By the way: at the end of the mission all friendly units crashed at the airport to the ground.

6 hours ago, razer668 said:

Thanks for the hint, after destroying the 3 AA in time I was able to continue. Thanks very much for the cineastic campaign and for the good news that Steep will return. 

This campaign was crazy realistic, it felt really real!!!

By the way: at the end of the mission all friendly units crashed at the airport to the ground.

Excellent, glad you enjoyed and thanks for purchasing!

• 1 year later...

Okay so finally got to the end of the campaign, got all the coordinates from Ronnie killed all the air defenses in one run, dropped my cluster on the second target got all the vehicles there. And I was told I could monitor JTAC frequencies and help with CAS. No I'm not sure if I'm on the wrong frequencies but I didn't hear anything from anyone on the ground and eventually was told to egress and go home.

Only frequencies in the kneeboard I saw labeled were the Shiraz ATC and overlord.

So I assumed i was supposed to monitor the other frequencies on the kneeboard that weren't labeled correct?

Well I did that and I didn't hear anybody talking and only scored a 78. Really want to take full advantage of this mission and get 100 let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

EDIT: did the mission again did the same attack as last time killed everything. Finally ended up getting a jtac on the radio,  they assign me my targets to the BMPs. But before I could do my run-in they were destroyed by something I'm assuming the ground units. Didn't get any more radio calls.

Finished the mission by turning on the labels and destroying every Target on the ground and still scored a 91.

Is it possible to make contact with more than one jtac or will it only be the one?

I will play this over and over until I get it perfect, I want to get 100 haha. 

Edited by GLUTIUS MAXIMUS

On 10/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, GLUTIUS MAXIMUS said:

Okay so finally got to the end of the campaign, got all the coordinates from Ronnie killed all the air defenses in one run, dropped my cluster on the second target got all the vehicles there. And I was told I could monitor JTAC frequencies and help with CAS. No I'm not sure if I'm on the wrong frequencies but I didn't hear anything from anyone on the ground and eventually was told to egress and go home.

Only frequencies in the kneeboard I saw labeled were the Shiraz ATC and overlord.

So I assumed i was supposed to monitor the other frequencies on the kneeboard that weren't labeled correct?

Well I did that and I didn't hear anybody talking and only scored a 78. Really want to take full advantage of this mission and get 100 let me know what I'm doing wrong. 

EDIT: did the mission again did the same attack as last time killed everything. Finally ended up getting a jtac on the radio,  they assign me my targets to the BMPs. But before I could do my run-in they were destroyed by something I'm assuming the ground units. Didn't get any more radio calls.

Finished the mission by turning on the labels and destroying every Target on the ground and still scored a 91.

Is it possible to make contact with more than one jtac or will it only be the one?

I will play this over and over until I get it perfect, I want to get 100 haha. 

Hi sorry for the late reply, I missed your first post somehow.  The JTACs are all contactable, there are 4 IIRC, but you have to be on the right freq at the right time, there is around a 60-90 second window after each task on which you can 'discover' the new task.  Let me know if want a specific breakdown of what freq to be on at what time.

Edited by ChillNG

On 10/21/2022 at 1:37 AM, ChillNG said:

Hi sorry for the late reply, I missed your first post somehow.  The JTACs are all contactable, there are 4 IIRC, but you have to be on the right freq at the right time, there is around a 60-90 second window after each task on which you can 'discover' the new task.  Let me know if want a specific breakdown of what freq to be on at what time.

A breakdown would be helpful. What is necessary to get 100 score?

3 hours ago, GLUTIUS MAXIMUS said:

A breakdown would be helpful. What is necessary to get 100 score?

Scoring is:

50 points on mission start

10 points for mission completion

5 points for hitting Wp1 TOT

10 points for killing all primary targets yourself and within time limit

10 points for killing secondary targets

2 points for picking up each of the 4 JTAC comms for total 8 points

1 point for accepting each JTAC task if you find it on the radio for total 4 points

3 points for no penalties on JTAC tasks, these are for not complying with the JTAC instructions. 

Freqs to unlock each JTAC task in the spolier:

Spoiler

Once back in the stack after the secondary target task you get comms with Davy and then this message:

Hold in the stack and monitor the ground force's JTAC frequencies.  When you pick up a call for air support you will have the option of supporting yourself or ordering one of the other Bravo flights if available. 

After this message, tune VHF FM 52.8 to unlock task 1 (there are quite complex timings associated with this, but I won't include them here as they vary to allow for missing a task), just stay on this freq until the comms happen (1-2 minutes).

After completing task 1, set VHF FM to 38.7 and wait.

After completing task 2, set VHF FM to 45.6 and wait.

After completing task 3, set VHF FM to 47.8 and wait.

If a task is missed the window for being on the correct freq closes and the next one opens.  If a task is accepted, the next task window won't open until the prior task is completed.