Rearming simulator someone

Mainstay

4 hours ago, jubuttib said:

Not sure I'd want to do it myself manually, but it could be an interesting setting for servers to have a realistic refueling and rearm time...

I think it is a server setting. I notice longer times on some compared to others. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

9 hours ago, jubuttib said:

Not sure I'd want to do it myself manually, but it could be an interesting setting for servers to have a realistic refueling and rearm time...

That would probably just result in people switching to a different available client slot (I know I probably would). As much as I like realism, just sitting on the tarmac waiting for ~20mins while seeing and doing nothing, would be kinda boring imo.

With proper moving AI ground crew that'd be a different story. But I don't expect that happening anytime soon

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

13 hours ago, sirrah said:

just sitting on the tarmac waiting for ~20mins while seeing and doing nothing, would be kinda boring imo.

This kinda reminds me of those that asked for Boom operatior slot... sitting in a plane for 30 mins, solving cross puzzle? hmmm boring as hell

But we all have different likings.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 1:54 AM, SharpeXB said:

I think it is a server setting. I notice longer times on some compared to others. 

Lol, there is no such setting in DCS.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

5 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Lol, there is no such setting in DCS.

Must have been a change to the game in general then. I can remember rearming happening much more quickly before. Of course I don’t play online very much, it’s been a few years. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

14 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Must have been a change to the game in general then. I can remember rearming happening much more quickly before. Of course I don’t play online very much, it’s been a few years. 

I'm playing DCS on a regular basis for the past 10 years, singleplayer and multiplayer and can't recall such a change. The time it takes to refuel/rearm depends on the amount of fuel and weapons to be loaded.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

No, this is just another case of your not being all that familiar with how the game works and imagining things to fill up the gap.

Charitably, you might be confused by the restocking time of airports, which will obviously limit how much munition you can load up an aircraft with, but the rearming process is the same as has always been. An that's still not a server setting.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

13 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

How about "Repairing Simulator" where you have to put in several hours to several weeks to repair a plane.

It would be perfect for something like a dynamic campaign to the tune of the one in that other sim. Where aircraft availability takes maintenance into account.

Though preferably, we'd have the functionality to control whether or not the 180s repair is available or not.

As for the OP, I'm pretty sure ED has said that they don't have any plans for this, owing to the workload of animating arming an aircraft with each individual weapon type.

What I would like to see though is the step down from that, to have weapon pallets/trolleys/carts/whatever they're called, with the weapon they're carrying be adjustable in the ME, allowing weapons that are compatible with whatever particular pallet/trolley/cart etc (exactly like how pylons work on aircraft), as well as more airfield equipment in general.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

25 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

How about "Repairing Simulator" where you have to put in several hours to several weeks to repair a plane.

So you're telling me the pilot has to leave the plane for the repairs IRL or how does he manage that? :huh:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 hours ago, Furiz said:

This kinda reminds me of those that asked for Boom operatior slot... sitting in a plane for 30 mins, solving cross puzzle? hmmm boring as hell

Boom operators perform other aircrew related duties when not AAR. KC135 boom operators also act as flight engineers, flight attendants (if passengers are riding along), CG loadmaster for logistic support flights, and help with navigation. They only transition from front flight deck to the Boom position while on the AAR track and anticipating refueling ops.

Sometimes career fields are more interesting than you think... 😉

Edited by Wing

20 hours ago, Furiz said:

But why let the AI do all the tanker trolling? 😉

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

16 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

But why let the AI do all the tanker trolling? 😉

Being able to troll the AI right back would be the best thing ever.

Release now, ED!

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

5 hours ago, QuiGon said:

I'm playing DCS on a regular basis for the past 10 years, singleplayer and multiplayer and can't recall such a change. The time it takes to refuel/rearm depends on the amount of fuel and weapons to be loaded.

Maybe it could vary by aircraft? I can recall flying the A-10C online long ago and the rearm when you spawned in was almost instant. Arming the F-18 takes almost as long as the whole startup. The Hornet can be armed while you’re starting up but if I recall the A-10C can’t because it needs to load the DSMS. I haven’t flown the Hog online in years though. Think I’ll give the Tank Killer a spin though!

58 minutes ago, SharpeXB said:

Maybe it could vary by aircraft? I can recall flying the A-10C online long ago and the rearm when you spawned in was almost instant. Arming the F-18 takes almost as long as the whole startup. The Hornet can be armed while you’re starting up but if I recall the A-10C can’t because it needs to load the DSMS. I haven’t flown the Hog online in years though. Think I’ll give the Tank Killer a spin though!

Nope, arming takes exactly the same time for every pylon. Because the A-10C has more pylons than the Hornet it needs longer to arm than the Hornet.

You need to arm the A-10C before you load the DSMS, not the other way around.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

3 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

You need to arm the A-10C before you load the DSMS, not the other way around.

Right, that’s what I meant. So I used to arm the A-10 prior to startup. Don’t recall it taking as long as the Hornet does now. Clearly I don’t play online very much, it’s been years. But when I tried it again just recently I almost felt like some thing was bugged, it takes so long.