Simple FM?

Stratos

4 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Cause Im not the only one flying my Hind, and that other person is 10 years old. Thanks.

Unfortunately Eagle Dynamics do not make simple FM's anymore. There was an option that you could turn on called, Game mode. It should simplify the flight model of the Hind if it implemented or not and even works anymore I have no idea. I haven't tried it in years. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:21 AM, Stratos said:

Cause I'm not the only one flying my Hind, and that other person is 10 years old. Thanks.

Ten is not too young to learn. 

Even in War Thunder you have to use mouse and keyboard for simple FM.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:28 AM, Lurker said:

Unfortunately Eagle Dynamics do not make simple FM's anymore.

and that's a good thing. If they were to make 2 versions of FM's for each module, it would take forever for new stuff to come out.

They are a small dev team after all. I have been waiting years for the Corsair and currently they are working on the Apache, so

it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while longer.

• Like 2

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

11 minutes ago, rayrayblues said:

I have been waiting years for the Corsair and currently they are working on the Apache, so

it looks like I'm going to have to wait a while longer.

The F4U Corsair is being developed by Magnitude, and the A-7 Corsair II by Flying Iron. Neither are part of the ED dev team working on the Apache. The F4U is, by my best estimation, fairly close, since most of the work right now is on UV stuff for the 3D model of the cockpit. The A-7 is farther out, but the point is that neither are affected by the Apache since both Corsairs are being developed by third-party developers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stratos said:

I love when people likes to tell other people what they must do, so many smart people around.😏

I apologize.  I didn't mean to come across like I was "telling you what to do."

I was just suggesting that a 10 yr old could learn to fly the Hind.

Of all the helos in the game, it is the most stable with proper trimming.

I am an old man who got into gaming only within the last 10 or 12 years.

I now have a 10 yr old great grandson who can play rings around me.

Don't underestimate what kids can do with today's modern tech.

13 hours ago, Jetguy06 said:

The F4U Corsair is being developed by Magnitude, and the A-7 Corsair II by Flying Iron. Neither are part of the ED dev team working on the Apache. The F4U is, by my best estimation, fairly close, since most of the work right now is on UV stuff for the 3D model of the cockpit. The A-7 is farther out, but the point is that neither are affected by the Apache since both Corsairs are being developed by third-party developers.

You are right. Perhaps I should have used examples that ED is actually working on, like 

the WWII version of Marianas and associated assets. If the F4U was released today,

we wouldn't have any comparable opponents or a proper place to fly it.

• Like 3

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

2 hours ago, rayrayblues said:

I apologize.  I didn't mean to come across like I was "telling you what to do."

I was just suggesting that a 10 yr old could learn to fly the Hind.

Of all the helos in the game, it is the most stable with proper trimming.

I am an old man who got into gaming only within the last 10 or 12 years.

I now have a 10 yr old great grandson who can play rings around me.

Don't underestimate what kids can do with today's modern tech.

No apologize needed, but with a worn out Saitek X52 the Hind is too much a first experience for a 10 years old kid.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

@Stratos

A worn out stick is a challenge for any one, X52 or otherwise.

I find the Huey is harder to learn. The Hind has

a good AP if you know how to use it. I mostly fly hands off just using

the trim hat for attitude corrections.  GL/HF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• ED Team

At the moment simple flight model is low priority. If I have any news I will try to pass it on.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On that subject, a good thing to do with said 10yr old, is build a two-seat Sim-Pit with'em. It'd be a great bonding experience, and a great learning experience as well. It may be costly, but if the end result is that the kid goes on to be a pilot, electrician, or any other technical field, I think that'll be a win. And the best way to ignite that spark, is to let them build something they otherwise would never get to do.

It's just a suggestion though, but I think it would be a worthy long-term thing if done right.