Best way to nerf the insane AAA? (WW2)

Nealius

I'm starting to get tired of hand-cranked 20mm tearing me to shreds as I travel 300mph 50' off the ground perpendicular to their position. Even one unit within a 4,000ft radius of the target is enough to FUBAR one of your engines in the Mossie. I initially tried the barrage technique, but if you get close enough they ignore the barrage trigger and still target you. 

Is there anything else I can do or should I swap out the AAA unit with something like a halftrack with 7.92mm? The overperforming AI gunnery and LOS through trees/terrain is really killing the game side of this for me.

• Like 2

i seperate the aaa into seperate group and add a trigger zone and a stop action for one or both groups. trigger zone set to coalition in zone and a group altitude below stops the aaa and if someone is above alitude group resumes. if you're in same trigger zone as another member of the same coalition but one of you is above the altitude it doesn't work. note switched condition triggers arn't the best...

Edited by JimBo*
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nealius said:

That's a good idea. I guess I can set that up like I did the barrage with switched condition flags to start/stop the AAA?

the best way, but its like pulling your teeth. is to place the AA in the lowest ground elevation possible, which is hard cause most of Channel and Normandy are so flat, but you can try and place static buildings around the AA to block the line of fire for low flying aircraft... but it takes a while.

• Like 1

I've re-opened a separate thread in the bugs about the Flak units, which can seemingly happily target fast and low targets with their timer fused ammo.

Good idea on the altitude trigger.  What did you go with the end for altitude?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

1 minute ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I've re-opened a separate thread in the bugs about the Flak units, which can seemingly happily target fast and low targets with their timer fused ammo.

Good idea on the altitude trigger.  What did you go with the end for altitude?

it varies, with the placement of the AA and the ground elevation you want to fly over. its trial and error...

How do you set up the altitude trigger? I could only find altitude arguments for units, not groups, which would mean I would have to program it for 18+ units that may go into that zone....

I also saw a "triggered action" for "attack group" with an "altitude above" selection, but the group dropdown only had NOTHING, so I'm not sure if that function even works.

10 minutes ago, Nealius said:

How do you set up the altitude trigger? I could only find altitude arguments for units, not groups, which would mean I would have to program it for 18+ units that may go into that zone....

I also saw a "triggered action" for "attack group" with an "altitude above" selection, but the group dropdown only had NOTHING, so I'm not sure if that function even works.

yes... for each. and it really slows game down. its not my perferred method, for large mutli-player. the best is placement of the AAA that blocks the line of fire on low firing aircraft and if you can't place static structures that block line of fire. its pretty time consuming... not to mention can look terrible.

Edited by JimBo*
  • Like 1