Steerpoint from Map not accurate in Multiplayer

lax22

Like the title says, sometimes when I'm on a multiplayer server and select a steerpoint on the map, the waypoint that Jester keys in the system is way off from the location I selected.

This doesn't happen always but lately pretty frequently.

In single player I don't have this issue at all.

Any idea how I can resolve this problem?

Edited by lax22

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

This bug has cropped up every now and then - and in different ways. I think the last time using Jester to input waypoints from F10 map would hard crash the game.

I know other versions of this bug Jester would be 'prone to input errors' if you gave him multiple f10 waypoints to enter all at once. Have you tried just giving him one waypoint at a time? 

Are you having this problem across multiple maps? 

40 minutes ago, Kondor77 said:

This bug has cropped up every now and then - and in different ways. I think the last time using Jester to input waypoints from F10 map would hard crash the game.

I know other versions of this bug Jester would be 'prone to input errors' if you gave him multiple f10 waypoints to enter all at once. Have you tried just giving him one waypoint at a time? 

Are you having this problem across multiple maps? 

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed this issue on the Caucasus map on the GS PVP server since that’s where I’ve been playing lately.

I will try just doing one waypoint at a time and see if that will resolve the issue….

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

The issue has been mentioned already, but I couldn't reproduce it during my tests. However, the observations from the previous discussion suggested that Jester input correct coordinates, and it was confirmed by observing the TID repeater. So I suspect that it's rather an issue with the INS and the alignment or malfunction. I can't confirm that it's a bug at this stage, but I'd greatly appreciate more reports and as detailed as possible.

Krzysztof Sobczak

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

6 hours ago, Kondor77 said:

Looks like this tip fixed my issue.

If I only select one steerpoint on the F10 map and then give Jester the order to enter the coordinates it seems to be working fine.

I previously selected several steerpoints on the F10 map and gave Jester the command to enter several waypoints at once to save time, but this seems to be when the problem with the wrong coordinates occurs.

2 hours ago, Super Grover said:

This is an interesting observation, and it suggests that Jester may be taking some shortcuts and skip some buttons. So I'll talk to him and instruct him to be more careful. Thank you.

Thanks!

When you talk to him please also try to bring up the issue with him losing locked targets, he sure isn't listening to me 🙂

On 9/23/2021 at 3:59 PM, Super Grover said:

This is an interesting observation, and it suggests that Jester may be taking some shortcuts and skip some buttons. So I'll talk to him and instruct him to be more careful. Thank you.

Hi, I've noticed that Jester also gets confused when you tell him to enter some radio frequency while entering waypoints. It seems that while he's entering waypoints, he's not protected from outside requests and will happily interject whatever it is you want him to do in the middle of the waypoints. He's very eager that way.

Not a big deal, I've learned to let him do his waypoints and not distract him with anything until he's done. 🙂

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!