{Question} Is the Mossie fully VR compatible?

waldorf

40 minutes ago, waldorf said:

Hi,

Does the Mossie have full VR control? i.e. Stick and throttle control along with switch actions?

If it does then I will purchase.😉

Many thanks.

Do you mean with VR controls? Or just the VR headset using a hotas? I haven’t tried the Mosquito with VR controls ( or many planes at all ) the SU25 definitely can be interacted/flown with VR controls so I’m guessing the Mossie can too as it has a fully clickable ( and gorgeous) cockpit in VR and non VR. If you are intending to use VR controls I would say buy even a cheap stick over that. I could probably drive my car with boxing gloves on but man it ain’t gonna be fun.

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

3 hours ago, Dusty44 said:

Do you mean with VR controls? Or just the VR headset using a hotas? I haven’t tried the Mosquito with VR controls ( or many planes at all ) the SU25 definitely can be interacted/flown with VR controls so I’m guessing the Mossie can too as it has a fully clickable ( and gorgeous) cockpit in VR and non VR. If you are intending to use VR controls I would say buy even a cheap stick over that. I could probably drive my car with boxing gloves on but man it ain’t gonna be fun.

Agreed, I have tried to use VR controls in for HOTAS in No Man's Sky... So while you can use your control sticks like this in that game I wouldn't recommend it in DCS. 

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I am having a very difficult time finding the right head position in VR. I have a button setup on my hotas to reset the view.

I need to put my head in all sorts of awkward positions to see through the gun sight. I try to reset the view in these awkward positions but it never feels right.

The reviews I see for the plane are all using Track IR and it looks like it is not an issue at all.

I've only flown the plane for about an hour. Perhaps this is an early access issue or something I will figure out.

But the gun sight is awkward in VR for me.

AMD 5950X - AMD 6900XT Red Devil - Reverb G2

Virpil WarBRD base - Virpil Constellation Stick - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle - Logitech Pro Pedals

Get some!

theres settings in the cockpit view part of each plane you can adjust it where ever you want, i simple move my head position right for gunsight and back for landing/normal flight but i do have a heap of buttos to play with that helps

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, FoxTwo said:

The default head position is too far left and high. You'll need to adjust it down and right.

I try and set it so that I can see through the sight with my right eye.

Definitely, the first thing I do is sit up, lean forward and left then hit reset view.

7 hours ago, Krupi said:

Agreed, I have tried to use VR controls in for HOTAS in No Man's Sky... So while you can use your control sticks like this in that game I wouldn't recommend it in DCS. 

I remember this for NMS pretty clever but it’s not gonna replace a hotas I suppose it could maybe work DCS.

6 minutes ago, waldorf said:

Does the Mossie have full VR control? i.e. Stick and throttle control along with switch actions?

Thanks for the reply.

Is the stick and throttle grabbable with touch controllers?.  🛩️

I will check at sometime today with VR controls and let you know for sure.

Edited by Dusty44

2 hours ago, waldorf said:

Thanks for the reply.

Is the stick and throttle grabbable with touch controllers?.  🛩️

Ok I checked and yes VR controls work but felt janky to me. I could click but was unsure how unclick things, for example I could open the window but want sure how to close it again. Maybe I needed to bind the buttons? The hand orientation felt off to though that maybe just the Valve hand controllers, I didnt test Vive wands. I still think you would be better off with a cheap joystick and using mouse to click on buttons. 

5 hours ago, Dusty44 said:

Definitely, the first thing I do is sit up, lean forward and left then hit reset view.

If you move the head position with the rctl+rshift+numpad keys, you can save the position with alt + num 0.

Then anytime you reset your view it'll return you to that position.

• Like 1