Fresh Install: Booting up hangs at 42% loaded every time

Voyager
Go to solution Solved by Voyager,

Just did a full up computer rebuild and am reinstalling everything. I installed the 2.7 Open Beta, and it appeared to install correctly, however when I launch the game it gets to 42/43% and stops responding. I've done an install repair, and it still does the same thing.

I'm not even sure where to being debugging this. This is a fresh install of Windows 10 64 Bit, and a fresh install of DCS on a mostly empty SSD. I've installed Il-2 on the same SSD earlier, and that worked, so I think the SSD is working.

Not sure if it dropped any logs either. I've found the latest auto-update log, but that's pretty bare.

Thoughts on where to start? This is boggling.

autoupdate_log.txt

• Solution

Found the problem. 

I have all my controllers plugged into a powered USB hub, and that hub plugged into a USB 3.1 slot on the mother board. That worked fine with my old mother board, however here, it could not properly detect the MFG Crosswinds, so the computer was installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, reinstalling, again and again in an endless loop. 

DCS hit that and got completely stuck on there being an indeterminate number of USB devices attached to the system. I moved the Crosswinds to the front case USB 3.0 slot and it all works fine now. 

(Sounds of a head gently rapping against a desk...)