Can't drop wing mounted bombs by ground crew

Stephmeister

When I start a mission without a preset loadout and let the groundcrew mount bombs on the Mossie, it is currently impossible to drop the wing mounted pair of bombs.

They could neither be dropped or jettisoned. (The bombs in the bomb bay work fine.)

If I do the same with a preset loadout, everything works fine - so it's (maybe) not me.

Where: Single player - custom mission from mission builder

(I guess it is possibly the same issue like in Multiplayer with the wing mounted bombs.)

Edited by Stephmeister

1 hour ago, Stephmeister said:

When I start a mission without a preset loadout and let the groundcrew mount bombs on the Mossie, it is currently impossible to drop the wing mounted pair of bombs.

They could neither be dropped or jettisoned. (The bombs in the bomb bay work fine.)

If I do the same with a preset loadout, everything works fine - so it's (maybe) not me.

Where: Single player - custom mission from mission builder

(I guess it is possibly the same issue like in Multiplayer with the wing mounted bombs.)

I have the same problem.

Yep, wing bombs won't drop if installed by the ground crew.

A few other ppl reported it in another thread:

22 hours ago, MarcT-NL said:

Further more, if the player lands and re-arms with full bombs, the bombs on the wings will not release.

So if you have full bombs at startup everyting is ok, but rearm, and the outer bombs won't drop. They will drop with jettison.

21 hours ago, scoobie said:

Ditto, though you don't really need to land to get this quirk.

I'm using "Takeoff practice" instant mission on the Channel map. Open window, ask chief to stick in 4 bombs (the mission begins with no payload) and fly. Bombs 3 and 4 (bomb bay) will drop, 1 and 2 (wing) will not.

9 hours ago, streamcap said:

I can confirm this also happens when starting cold and dark.

To reproduce, start cold and dark with no ordnance, then request any loadout or create custom with ordnance on the wings.

Then start up either auto or manually as in the startup checklists or in the ED startup video.

Any bombs in the bay will drop when you push weapon release, but the bombs on the wings do not.

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

This issue was reported by the ED team on release:

Known Issue List:

- Erroneous fuel leak messages in the briefing at the start of a mission.

- Wing bombs will not release from aircraft that start from the ground in multiplayer.

- Some parts may not visually separate from the aircraft when damaged.

- The damage visuals are still a WIP

- Overhead emergency exit hatch is not yet functional

- Radio navigation equipment is WIP

- The onset of fuel starvation on negative g will be further tuned. 

- The overheating model is still a WIP, as such you may see cues associated with overheating when this is not the case.

- Navigation lights can show below the wing when spectating other aircraft. 

- Possible to see a missing texture on landing gear indicator lights.

- Game crash when Client mosquito is set to late activated.

- Identification lights are displayed incorrectly

- Wheel chocks are functional, but they are not visible

A workaround till bugfix: After setup of the bomb panel, wingbombs seletion and fuse, you can drop the wing bombs with the droptank jettison button (don't forget to open the cover for this button).

Then they will drop and explode.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3