Simultaneously moving the gear and entering A/A mode will jam all A/A weapons.

Rissala

Bug is reproduced as follows:

1. Takeoff with A/A stores
2. Enter A/A mode with the A/A mode button before the gear retraction sequence has stopped.
3. Stay in A/A mode until the gears have retracted and locked.

Results:

All air-to-air stores are stuck on the pylons. (cannot be fired, yes MARM was on)
The HUD is stuck on NAV/approach symbology.
On the stores page, the selected weapon has the "sel" on it but the HUD is frozen the above mentioned way.
The state seems to be unrecoverable after takeoff. (full GEN on/off won't help)

Edit:
Seems like cycling A/A workarounds the issue. Realizing that you need to do that in a fight is another matter. 🙂

Picture of the state and track below.

unknown.png

AA takeoff WP select bug.trk

Edited by Rissala

Can you un select and reselect A/A?

Upon takeoff the jet is forced into NAV master mode. I believe this logic might still be at play when the gear is not up and locked thus the MC attempting to remain in NAV.

For a possible fix try cycling the 2nd mission computer off/on. That should reset the SMS as the weapon computer comes online.

Mobius708

• Like 1

Just checked this on my rig and seemed to working as expected. I went into A/A mode and configured radar, AZEL and weapons. Stayed in A/A mode to see if the throttle angle will force the NAV mode at 56 deg. throttle travel. It did as I accelerated down the runway will full blowers on. After rotation, gear up, flaps auto, switched to A/A mode with weapons sel. switch, master arm on, fired 120s, switch to heaters and fired. 

Do you mean you tried to press A/A master too quick, with weight off wheels?  

EDIT: I tried selecting Amraams before the wheels were completely up and... what you said. I was still able to fire the weapons without HUD symbology, 😉

Out of curiosity: Was someone 'vulching' above you during your T/O roll making you rush?  

Edited by Gripes323

Experienced the same issue while in GS yesterday... tought It was MP problem and took another slot. 

Indeed, when you go A/A whike the gearvis still in retraction, you will stay stuck in Nav head up symbology. Changing weapon does nothing to it. I tought it was strange cuz I setup my radar, Az/el etc on ground but go back to Nav for T/O. 

At the 3rd time I had it, I troubble shoot it and could reset the system by going out of A/A then back and recicling the Master arm (altough, like other are posting, only A/A reset seems to solve it) 

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

9 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

Just checked this on my rig and seemed to working as expected. I went into A/A mode and configured radar, AZEL and weapons. Stayed in A/A mode to see if the throttle angle will force the NAV mode at 56 deg. throttle travel. It did as I accelerated down the runway will full blowers on. After rotation, gear up, flaps auto, switched to A/A mode with weapons sel. switch, master arm on, fired 120s, switch to heaters and fired. 

Do you mean you tried to press A/A master too quick, with weight off wheels?  

EDIT: I tried selecting Amraams before the wheels were completely up and... what you said. I was still able to fire the weapons without HUD symbology, 😉

Out of curiosity: Was someone 'vulching' above you during your T/O roll making you rush?  

"Do you mean you tried to press A/A master too quick, with weight off wheels? "

Yes, I wrote the instructions on the first post. You need to press the A/A switch when the wheels are in motion (but off the ground) for the bug to happen. If you cannot reproduce yourself you can watch the track. (latest OB)

" I tried selecting Amraams before the wheels were completely up and... what you said. I was still able to fire the weapons without HUD symbology"

You need to press the A/A switch to enter the A/A master mode. If you select a weapon while trying to reproduce this it seems it works fine.

"Was someone 'vulching' above you during your T/O roll making you rush?"

Yes 😄. Our base was getting attacked so I just took 1 extra fuel tank and took off asap. (yes I did wait for the rearm)
When you are in a rush you are in big trouble if the logic fails in your systems.

Edited by Rissala

• ED Team

Hi, 

bottom line here is the gear needs to be up before you select A/A Master mode. 

I will ask the team about this however. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2