Jump to content

JF-17 Cockpit


[PTF]Ali
 Share

Recommended Posts

What you guys think about DCS JF-17 cockpit MFCDs vs Real life MFCDS reflection and depth? I'm not here to offense anyone but i heard that Jf-17 cockpit graphics were to be reworked?

 

dcs-jf17-14-flight-simulator.jpg

Untitledsdadsasad.jpg


Edited by AliPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The OP has a point, the MFDs and canopy, for that matter, could do with a facelift on the Roughmet side. Since 2.7, good reflection effects are actually possible.

I might also try my hand at modding them myself, in the meantime.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

HP Reverb G2, Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The images from the JF-17 you are posting, are from the pre-launch photos, a LOT has been changed since it. Now it has reflections on the screen, and fog simulation and a lot of other things. I can promise you that the cockpit is not the same that in the photo, it's much better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, paco2002 said:

The images from the JF-17 you are posting, are from the pre-launch photos, a LOT has been changed since it. Now it has reflections on the screen, and fog simulation and a lot of other things. I can promise you that the cockpit is not the same that in the photo, it's much better. 


Yeah that makes sense. I just wanted to share some thoughts on the real MFCDs, How militaristic they look. I mean they have depth, they are more beefy you know. May be i'm looking for perfection too much as DCS is just a simulation. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AliPG said:


Yeah that makes sense. I just wanted to share some thoughts on the real MFCDs, How militaristic they look. I mean they have depth, they are more beefy you know. May be i'm looking for perfection too much as DCS is just a simulation. 

image.png

This is the closest I could get to the photo you posted, It's not bad, but, of course, you cannot compare with real life, because in that photo you have the screen effect when you see a screen from the side, and also real time reflections, and in DCS we don't have that much effects. Basically, it would blow half the PCs that DCS is installed at

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2021 at 7:55 AM, Napillo said:

I will say the knob at the top right for on/off looks more rounded in the photo, and the bottom middle button of the MFDs kinda have a reddish glow to them.


I remember that deka said their graphics designer got corona virus and he was not able to complete graphics work, May be graphics are work in progress but no idea. Looking at graphics i guess just reflections are missing or may be DCS doesn't support that kind of graphics.


Edited by AliPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/27/2021 at 7:47 PM, AliPG said:


I remember that deka said their graphics designer got corona virus and he was not able to complete graphics work, May be graphics are work in progress but no idea. Looking at graphics i guess just reflections are missing or may be DCS doesn't support that kind of graphics.

 

As I said, DCS doesn't support those reflections, those would require RTX, and forget about it on DCS if you don't want to play at 1FPS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, paco2002 said:

As I said, DCS doesn't support those reflections, those would require RTX, and forget about it on DCS if you don't want to play at 1FPS


haha yeah fair enough, totally agreed with that. 

  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...