Possible to select a specific waypoint??

Nealius

I have a question about the HSI/waypoint navigation that I couldn't find an answer to in the DCS Hornet manual or the real NFM-000 manual:

Let's say Bullseye is set to WYPT 25. Is there an easy way to jump straight to WYPT 25 to select it as Bullseye instead of hitting the next waypoint OSB button 25 times. then having to click the previous waypoint OSB 25 more times to get back to WYPT 0?

Hold the up or down arrow (PB12 or 13) for about a second, two options will appear in the UFC, "WYPT" and "MRKP". Colonise one of those, enter required waypoint/markpoint number, press enter. Def helps when all 59 waypoints are used.

(nb. not implemented yet)

Genius.

Thanks from me too :-)

Oh - just read not implemented......... :-( ;-)

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Xeno 1-1 HuDz said:

Hi, in the hornet if i want to select waypoint 27 is there a way to jump to that directly like in the harrier or f16? At the moment i am just mashing the wp inc button till i get there, just feels cumbersome. Cheers.

This would be useful especially with markpoints. I wonder why the bug wouldn't have that feature? 

Place waypoint 27 in a WPSEQ, box that WPSEQ, then the next actuation of the waypoint increment will jump to it (e.g. 0-1-2-27, or 0-27, or just 27 by itself).

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

9 hours ago, Gripes323 said:

There might be a way when we get map slew... some day.

SLEW shouldn't change how you select waypoints, only add the ability to slew the map underneath the selected waypoint to change the location of said WP.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I enjoy single pass employment of multiple GPS guided munitions using TOO with a series of waypoints or mark points. I’ve found that mapping DDI keys to my HOTAS allows me to quickly cycle through them. Realistic? No. Convenient? Yes.
I'd argue it's more realistic than jumping to the mouse. Sure it's faster than IRL, but the standard DCS way is slower.

Mobius708

On the matter of realism; I'm happy to be corrected here, but I'm pretty sure that irl missions do not have so many waypoints to begin with 😅

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

6 hours ago, sirrah said:

On the matter of realism; I'm happy to be corrected here, but I'm pretty sure that irl missions do not have so many waypoints to begin with 😅

For me, it would be more about mark points. If I end up with all 9 of them in my database, I'd like to be able to put some sort of ID's on them (or I could use my kneeboard... in VR), to know what's what later on and be able to quickly punch them in as steerpoints. I suspect then between the map slew features and the CAS page there 'might' be something there.  Perhaps I'm complicating this a little. So far this hasn't created any problems for me, just a slight nuisance in some situations.

Edited by Gripes323

Am 22.9.2021 um 21:14 schrieb Gripes323:

I'd like to be able to put some sort of ID's on them (or I could use my kneeboard... in VR), to know what's what later on and be able to quickly punch them in as steerpoints.

At least the kneeboard variant is possible. You need Voice Attack and the VAICOM plugin with interactive kneeboard license. This is really awesome for VR users. The interactive kneeboard directly integrates into the DCS kneeboard and has a dictate mode. I used it yesterday to write down some coordinates from the F10 map and add them as target coordinates for my GBU-38s in PP mode. Dropped all 4 at once and hit. 🙂

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, karpiyon said:

@Tholozorwhen i create a new waypoint it is injected to the sequence, is that what you mean?

What i try to do is create a new waypoint, say wp30 adn then i want to set it's lat/long.

for this i need to select wp30 but i do not want to press the 'inc' N times to reach 30.

It isn't possible to select a waypoint without using the arrows (you can't 'jump' to a specific waypoint like steerpoints in the F-16). You can create/edit a waypoint sequence from the WPSEQUFC option on the HSI -> DATA -> WAYPT subpage. When a sequence is boxed (SEQ1, SEQ2 or SEQ3), the waypoints inside the sequence are the only waypoints that can be selected until the sequence is unboxed.

So you can create a sequence with the desired waypoint (either at the end of the sequence or at any position inside the sequence), box that specific SEQ, and more easily step to the desired waypoint.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/