Prop pitch needles bounce

Chunk

@NineLineSorry, but this doesn't look like vibrations. Granted I never flew a Mossie irl, but I know some vibrating instruments in aircraft.

In the DCS Mossie the RPM indicators act more like an airspeed-indicator in gusty winds. Moves up, dances around, goes down, dances around, moves up dances around, etc.... an instrument that swings because of vibration, swings nearly equidistant forth and back from a center-point.

And cockpit videos of mossies don't show such a behaviour, but they are hard to use as evidence.

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

1 hour ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Check real cockpit footage of other warbirds and see which suffer the same tachometer oscillation.

Please post a video, where the oscillation that the DCS Mossie shows, is visible on a real warbird.

The videos I checked didn't show this kind of behaviour.

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Please post a video, where the oscillation that the DCS Mossie shows, is visible on a real warbird.

The videos I checked didn't show this kind of behaviour.

I'll chime in with this :-

First run of Merlin 25 engine in 50 years! - YouTube

I realise it isn't a whole Mossie, BUT, it is a Merlin 25 that is destined to be fitted into a Mossie and it looks as if it's using the coolant radiator set up from a Mossie and the gauges on the operators panel look to be from the aircraft. Notice the RPM gauge (top left of the operators panel in the video) when the engine is running and how the 100 rpm needle is bouncing about.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

15 minutes ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Go find your own videos! I'm not your bloody lackey!

Wow, you're so nice.

6 minutes ago, bart said:

I'll chime in with this :-

First run of Merlin 25 engine in 50 years! - YouTube

I realise it isn't a whole Mossie, BUT, it is a Merlin 25 that is destined to be fitted into a Mossie and it looks as if it's using the coolant radiator set up from a Mossie and the gauges on the operators panel look to be from the aircraft. Notice the RPM gauge (top left of the operators panel in the video) when the engine is running and how the 100 rpm needle is bouncing about.

Thanks. But I wouldn't take this as a reference. Engine is idling and it looks like a jumpy instrument. The sound of the engine doesn't change while the needle jumps. This kind of movement doesn't look like vibration induced oscillation.

I'm looking for cockpit videos and once I find something i'll post it. 

Fox

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, iFoxRomeo said:

Engine is idling and it looks like a jumpy instrument.

And the ones we have in the Mosquito can't be jumpy either because…? 😅

S!

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice