Mk82 AUTO Mode Bombing Way Off!

WytchCrypt

Hi all,

I've been exploring the world of dumb bombs lately and have experienced something I'm definitely not understanding.  I load up on Mk series bombs and with CCIP I'm deadly, but in AUTO mode I'm awful!  I setup a simple mission to bomb an enemy plane sitting on the runway, I place a waypoint directly on the plane.  I enter the mission and do what I've seen Wags and other Mk82 demo vids do:

Stores...

Select Mk82

Mode = AUTO

MFUZ = nose

UFC

Qty = 8

INT = 100

WPDSG on

A/G on

At this point everything looks great.  I get the target on the plane and all goes as expected on approach.  Like I saw in the demo vids, I go ATC at around 450kn and level off at 5,000ft.  Hold Release when the countdown gets to 5 seconds and bombs away.  I just studied a replay and noticed the issue is the AUTO countdown hits 0 when I'm directly over the waypt so obviously the bombs are way past target.  Am I doing something wrong that's making the targeting computer think that the designated waypoint is not the target but the release point?

Thanks!

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

That was the problem.  I'm bombing the airfield at Marianas Tinian which is 280ft elevation and the original wypt was set at 5000...reset it at 280 and nailed it on the first try.  That also explains why I was having such a hard time keeping my velocity vector above the dive line on approach 🤣

Thanks!

• Like 2

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

• 2 weeks later...

Wytch,

Mark points are always made at ground level.

A trick for when your Way / Steer points are not at ground level. 

• With the TAD as SOI move the cursor over the way point
  • Switch the TAD mode to EXP2
  • Zoom the TAD in to max
  • Very carefully adjust the cursor exactly in the middle of your Way point
  • Make a Mark point right there (TMS Right Short)
  • Switch the STEER PT switch to Mark
  • Select that Mark point on the HUD
  • Slave the TGP to the Steer point (China Hat Aft Long)

Caldera

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Wytch,

Mark points are always made at ground level.

A trick for when your Way / Steer points are not at ground level. 

• With the TAD as SOI move the cursor over the way point
  • Switch the TAD mode to EXP2
  • Zoom the TAD in to max
  • Very carefully adjust the cursor exactly in the middle of your Way point
  • Make a Mark point right there (TMS Right Short)
  • Switch the STEER PT switch to Mark
  • Select that Mark point on the HUD
  • Slave the TGP to the Steer point (China Hat Aft Long)

Caldera

Correct me if i’m wrong, but aren’t these A-10C instructions?

21 minutes ago, evilnate said:

Correct me if i’m wrong, but aren’t these A-10C instructions?

That is correct and thusly not applicable

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

11 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Evil,

Absolutely no clue what your comment is for?

Caldera

Caldera,

This is the F-18C forum group. Your trick sequence is for A-10C. If a new hornet player finds these instructions, they could waste time looking for TMS or china hat.