Petrovic becomes blind since update

Deimos

There are no obstacles in his field of vision. Just a plane open field with tanks. I can place his reticle everywhere ("look pete! - tanky !"). But nothing happens.  Sometimes it happens later in flight. First we blew up some targets succsessfully with ATGM´s and a moment later Pete becomes blind and refuses to lock on target. 

AMD Ryzen 7 / 3800X 8-Core  /  Nvidia 4080Super / RAM: 64 GB

3440 x 1440   / trackIR 5 / hp reverb G2

VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Throttle / vkb-Gladiator NXT premium Stick

1 hour ago, applesinduck said:

I'm having the same issue and I can reproduce this many times in "Battle of Zugdidi".

Yep, indeed. No track file needed. Easily reproduceable by flying instant action "Battle of Zugdidi"

Maybe it has to do with this:

• Petrovich AI Target acquisition code refactoring (Petrovich now will not acquire targets in the night or dark enough environment. Petrovich will see targets in dark environments if illumination flares are used. Petrovich will see targets behind some obstructions that were blocking acquisition before but geometrically were not covering the target.). Known issue: in some specific relatively good light conditions Petrovich acquiring targets too close. Adjustments WIP.

(from latest patch notes)

I tried popping signal flares (what I assume is meant by "illumination" flares, but it doesn't help. Petro stays blind as a bat, while the targets are very clearly visible

Let's assume it's just WIP.

Petro still doing his job in broad daylight luckily 😄 

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

I tried popping signal flares (what I assume is meant by "illumination" flares, but it doesn't help. Petro stays blind as a bat, while the targets are very clearly visible

Signal flares aren't illumination flares. Illumination flares are rockets that deploy a bright flare to light up the area underneath them. I don't have a full list of what aircraft can deploy them, but the UH-1H, Mi-8 and Su-25 definitely can. I'd expect the Hind too but I haven't looked.

Signal flares are coloured flares to send a signal to friendly forces. Usually they pop out of the side of your aircraft, close range.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sabre_Ewan said:

Signal flares aren't illumination flares. Illumination flares are rockets that deploy a bright flare to light up the area underneath them. I don't have a full list of what aircraft can deploy them, but the UH-1H, Mi-8 and Su-25 definitely can. I'd expect the Hind too but I haven't looked.

Signal flares are coloured flares to send a signal to friendly forces. Usually they pop out of the side of your aircraft, close range.

That makes sense 😋

Still, in this particular mission (at this time of day), Petrovic should be able to just see stuff 🙂

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

in single player i had no problems so far but in mp only 2 of 10 attempts worked.

First run at target was ok but then "game over". What ever i do.

AMD Ryzen 7 / 3800X 8-Core  /  Nvidia 4080Super / RAM: 64 GB

3440 x 1440   / trackIR 5 / hp reverb G2

VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Throttle / vkb-Gladiator NXT premium Stick