S-200 SA-5 site not launching 2nd missile for a very long time, + missile wonky flight

D4n

See track file, after 1st missile misses, site takes ages to launch next missile. 2nd issue is that 2nd missile makes many hard g-turns during the entire powered flight, slowing the missile down/preventing the missile from building up more speed it seems.

two S-200 issues.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

While I did see the super hard manoeuvring, I didn't have any problem with successive shots, they seem to fire near a succeeding shot only a few seconds after the first missile has either hit or has self-destructed.

If you look at the tracks here, you should be able to see successive launches, which only took a few seconds after the previous missile self-destructed.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing it over correcting as well. What happens is the first missile will fire and track on you. If you jink left, right, left, right, etc the missile will eventually do some wildly unrealistic maneuver and decelerate down to an extremely low speeds. At this point the missile is falling, and unless it is destroyed the launcher won't fire a second missile. Real life SA-5 sites can shoot more than one at a time. See a program called Sam Simulator for more realistic SA-5 operation, it is pretty neat. 

Hopefully they figure out the SA-5 missile flight issues and it should be far better after that is sorted. 

• Like 1