S-200 SA-5 site not launching 2nd missile for a very long time, + missile wonky flight

D4n

See track file, after 1st missile misses, site takes ages to launch next missile. 2nd issue is that 2nd missile makes many hard g-turns during the entire powered flight, slowing the missile down/preventing the missile from building up more speed it seems.

two S-200 issues.trk

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, Stinger fix (broken since over 2 years), canopy 6DOF tracking-limit (deny head-through-canopy)

NOTAM (to DCS server-admins): Please adhere to the common sense gaming-industry administration-policy as most of the global gaming-industry does, after all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thank you.    -    That moment when companies don't want to mention important facts in their ToS... -.-   -    Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB

basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a DCS pilot claims about another famous DCS pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence - that would only be bullheadedly

PvP: 125+ hours AV-8B VTOL, JF-17 AKG-A2A, royal dutch airforce F-16C, F-14 crew - PvP campaigns since 2013

While I did see the super hard manoeuvring, I didn't have any problem with successive shots, they seem to fire near a succeeding shot only a few seconds after the first missile has either hit or has self-destructed.

If you look at the tracks here, you should be able to see successive launches, which only took a few seconds after the previous missile self-destructed.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing it over correcting as well. What happens is the first missile will fire and track on you. If you jink left, right, left, right, etc the missile will eventually do some wildly unrealistic maneuver and decelerate down to an extremely low speeds. At this point the missile is falling, and unless it is destroyed the launcher won't fire a second missile. Real life SA-5 sites can shoot more than one at a time. See a program called Sam Simulator for more realistic SA-5 operation, it is pretty neat. 

Hopefully they figure out the SA-5 missile flight issues and it should be far better after that is sorted. 

• Like 1