Windows doesn't boot

ebabil

Hi Guys, My pc specs are in my signature.

Yesterday I was using my pc without a problem. There was restart warning due to windows update. I did the restart and kept using my pc smoothly.

This morning i tried to turn it on and these things happened:

* At first try, there was no signal at all. My graphics card fans were not turning. (All other fans were ok). Keyboard and mouse leds were off

* I removed the gpu card and plugged the screen cable to the mobo IO panel. I saw a black screen that was saying "pro series preparing auto repair" but then nothing happened

* I removed bios battery and re-placed after 30 seconds (same battery not new one). I saw F1 and F2 choice screen. When I hit F2 to run system; It stucked at black screen with a windows logo. When I selected F1, I could enter the bios without problems. But after I selected save and exit, again black screen with auto repair thing showed up.

What could be the problem? If it was graphics card, then I could have used the pc with cpu graphic unit. If its power supply, then how come I could enter the bios.

I am confused about what to do. Shoud I replace cmos battery or format the pc? I don't want to format it actually so I am very open for the ideas..

20210918_145455.jpg

20210918_151211.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Update: When I try to format via USB. It still stucks at windows screen

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

This is only my opinion and advice. I cant possibly know for sure without using the machine itself.

That looks like a corrupted Windows update has damaged the software of the operating system IE, Windows.

Unless you can take the Windows drive out of the machine physically and use another machine to save any files. You might have to re-install WIndows to rescue that.

Usually if you cannot get into Windows itself its because the drive has a problem/fault or the OS is corrupted in some way. This is usually a bad update. Sadly it happens. If you can get into the bios then your hardware is probably ok. If your main OS drive can be seen and recognised by the bios that is probably ok too.

Let a few of the experts on here give their opinion before doing anything drastic.

I had almost this exact issue 2 weeks ago - I had a BSOD while playing a game. Then it just wouldn't boot. Like you, I could get into the Bios but I couldn't save any changes or anything. I could get into the Windows repair screen but it wouldn't repair and said it couldn't locate a system restore point.

Bad news: I took it to get fixed somewhere and was told my C drive had failed - hence why Windows wouldn't boot. Maybe it's the same for you?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Yep, agree with Bossco82 and LooseSeal.

it's hard to know for sure without directly handling that machine, but looks like either a Windows update has corrupted the system, or the drive used for the system is failing.

If it ever gets to the drastic measure of doing it all over from scratch, i.e, reformatting and reinstalling Windows (lets hope not!) then maybe take a look at this thread.

Edited by LucShep

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Mine wouldn't boot the other day directly after a windows update.

It gets to the welcome screen then the circle of dots just go round and round. 

Sometimes it boots OK, other times I have to restart it a few times.

Very annoying as it was working fine before. 

Just a thought … maybe try clearing the cmos? Take the battery out on your motherboard and put it back in. Some MB’s have a reset button and some you have to jump. I just watched a YouTube video about this issue so I hope it might help.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Everyone needs to create a Windows repair disk using a Bootable USB, it's free on Microsoft website. What it just might be is a corrupted MBR, or other file needed to boot into Windows. The actual installation might be good. there is an option where (at the last resort) you can re-install Windows and keep your files intact, at the prompt is will ask you if you want todo a clean install of Windows or repair, say no and click it should open into a new window that asks your if you want to save your files, click yes, it does a clean install while saving all our apps. It's like Windows repair, except Windows repair fails 90% of the time. I don't recall the windows and options you need to click on to get there at the moment, but do a search concerning windows fails to boot after an update, and it should get you where you need to be. Hope that helps, if you got it taken care of that's good, but this might help avoid a very painful situation, especially if you haven't backed up your files in a while.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:14 PM, Mouse_99 said:

Everyone needs to create a Windows repair disk using a Bootable USB, it's free on Microsoft website.

It's much simpler to completely disable Windows Update, it is possible without too much trouble, first make sure you have a stable system supporting everything you need to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFIdyzpNHBw

That's inly one of the solutions offered on diverse tutorials on Youtube, personally I use this one below.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.