Love this campaign! Quick question about loadouts!

Hello! I started playing this campaign back when it was the 4 missions released individually. I grew tired of flying the hog around in the Caucasus and really wanted to experience it in the Persian Gulf. The briefings and missions are so incredibly in-depth, this is the type of campaign I live for when flying.

Quick question about the loadouts. I was flying mission 2, and there was some cloud cover over the island, making it difficult to hit some targets. Would it be possible to bring a Laser JDAM along, or will tinkering with the ground loadouts break the functionality? 

You do amazing work, looking forward to upcoming campaigns!

1 hour ago, VikingOne said:

Hello! I started playing this campaign back when it was the 4 missions released individually. I grew tired of flying the hog around in the Caucasus and really wanted to experience it in the Persian Gulf. The briefings and missions are so incredibly in-depth, this is the type of campaign I live for when flying.

Quick question about the loadouts. I was flying mission 2, and there was some cloud cover over the island, making it difficult to hit some targets. Would it be possible to bring a Laser JDAM along, or will tinkering with the ground loadouts break the functionality? 

You do amazing work, looking forward to upcoming campaigns!

Hi, thanks for the kind words!  I think most of the missions will work OK if you change the loadouts, I didn't tie many of the triggers in the campaign to weapons use so for the most part it should be ok.  I'll just caveat that though by saying that there are a couple of missions that this isn't the case (although I can't recall which ones right now) and that if you push it too far you can upset the difficulty balance of the campaign, so the experience may not be as intended.

Edited by ChillNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, ChillNG said:

I'll just caveat that though by saying that there are a couple of missions that this isn't the case (although I can't recall which ones right now)

Can you let me know which missions I shouldn't change loudout on, as I do prefer to choose my own kit. I am up to M12 BTW.

Great work mate.

1 hour ago, gtconnolly said:

Can you let me know which missions I shouldn't change loudout on, as I do prefer to choose my own kit. I am up to M12 BTW.

Great work mate.

Thanks!  I think from memory you are probably good for 12,13,14 and 15.  I think M16 might need leaving.

• 1 month later...

Some of the default loadouts are ... odd. I'm on mission 6 now and one is carrying asymetric and a very weird mix. As long as I keep at least one of the things on board that was already there, I should be good, yeah?

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

23 hours ago, schurem said:

Some of the default loadouts are ... odd. I'm on mission 6 now and one is carrying asymetric and a very weird mix. As long as I keep at least one of the things on board that was already there, I should be good, yeah?

Almost all of the time you are ok to mix it up, there's not many mission where changing the loadout will break things so feel free to experiment (I can't recall off the top of my head exactly which one's will be a problem, but think you need to keep the JDAM for M6).