TM Warthog throttle suggestion

Huckle

I’ve been struggling around the boat with the F-14A for a while, but hIt on the apparent solution last night. 

-10 slider curves on the throttles.

Moves the optimal range of throttle further back, leading to less accidental speedbrake closure, and less pitch oscillation of the nose as engines stay in narrower band.

Far easier to stay on speed in Case 1, and refuelling is a doddle. F-14B is smoother as well. 

Edited by Huckle
Minus 10 is what I meant to write

7 hours ago, Huckle said:

I’ve been struggling around the boat with the F-14A for a while, but hIt on the apparent solution last night. 

-20 slider curves on the throttles.

Moves the optimal range of throttle further back, leading to less accidental speedbrake closure, and less pitch oscillation of the nose as engines stay in narrower band.

Far easier to stay on speed in Case 1, and refuelling is a doddle. F-14B is smoother as well. 

Are you using the custom User Curves in the TM Warthog Curves thread so you have an Afterburner Detent?  If so, it makes a huge difference on the Warthog, or, at least it did for me.

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

If your WH doesnt have stiction issues (which you can sandpaper away btw, check youtube tutorials), your curves should be basically zero. deadzones zero. Since I have a heavy hand when resting, I put deadzones of 2 on the roll, 0 on the pitch. If a zero curve is too precise for you for starters, around or below 5 is ok, 10 is meh, anything above 15 is bad. 🙂

In general: curves help for sticks that do not have lots of precision themselves (like saitek, etc), have wobbly or lose hardware, lots of center play, yada. High end sticks (WH kinda falls in between or is at the lower end of aficionado), zero curves is always preferable, especially with good FMs (not to pat our backs) like in the Tomcat.

At first it will feel too twitchy for you, but once you get used to it, you will develop a much more precise muscle memory and stick behavior and will fly better. Remember to hold your stick losely, basically you should be able to fly with 2 fingers holding it. Do not grab and hold tight, and also, as funny as it sounds, breathe steadily, normally, do not hold your breath. Relaxed stick handling is very much important, even in a dogfight.

EDIT: ok, I am an idiot, I see you meant throttles, not stick, my bad, read it too quickly. The same applies here however, curves definitely at zero. Train your muscle memory, lose grip as well here, and also: learn to work your throttle constantly, up and down. There are no sweetspots where you can park your throttle. Same counts for stick inputs. Work it, constantly, and the more you get used to it, the smaller your inputs should become, but you never, ever stop working your throttle. Anticipate at least 3 inputs in advance.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

13 minutes ago, IronMike said:

. Train your muscle memory, lose grip as well here, and also: learn to work your throttle constantly, up and down. There are no sweetspots where you can park your throttle. Same counts for stick inputs. Work it, constantly, and the more you get used to it, the smaller your inputs should become, but you never, ever stop working your throttle. Anticipate at least 3 inputs in advance.

For what it's worth, I have small curves - 10 roll, 7 pitch, 15 rudder - as these give me personally the best results short of a stick extension. I do work the throttle consistently, but the -10 curve seems to have been the missing ingredient, and now the donut stays steady.

1 hour ago, Huckle said:

For what it's worth, I have small curves - 10 roll, 7 pitch, 15 rudder - as these give me personally the best results short of a stick extension. I do work the throttle consistently, but the -10 curve seems to have been the missing ingredient, and now the donut stays steady.

Try zero. If your stick and throttle work well, you will gain precision with that after a while. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

i have 0 curves on the stick but i have a custom curve on the throttles. that way when i hit the ab detent (which i rounded off so i can just push it through the gate instead of lifting it) then its at mil power

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr