Refuelling fuel tanks F16

Rick1Penguin
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hello, this has been a bug for quite a while, whenever you have wingtanks or a center tank on the f16 and you burn fuel from those tanks. Whenever you rearm with new fuel tanks they do not actually refil with fuel. You can work around this by pressing the emergency jettison button to drop the tanks before rearming, but it would be a nice fix anyways. I don't have any track files, but it schould be easily replicable. Thanks.

You can open AAR doors to depressurize the external tanks thus allowing fuel to enter, works every time:P

Keep in mind that to fil lthe centerline tank to full you have to be below 3800 fuel, and for 2 wing tanks below 1500. Otherwise they wont be filled fully.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Furiz said:

You can open AAR doors to depressurize the external tanks thus allowing fuel to enter, works every time:P

Keep in mind that to fil lthe centerline tank to full you have to be below 3800 fuel, and for 2 wing tanks below 1500. Otherwise they wont be filled fully.

that's something i didn't think of, but still if you are rearming the fuel tanks, shouldn't they put full tanks on the plane like normal?

Also if you have to be below a certain fuel for it to refuel, isn't that a bug then? is it refuelling at the same time as internal?

1 minute ago, Rick1perquin said:

that's something i didn't think of, but still if you are rearming the fuel tanks, shouldn't they put full tanks on the plane like normal?

Also if you have to be below a certain fuel for it to refuel, isn't that a bug then? is it refuelling at the same time as internal?

When you fill internal fuel to full, the refueling stops, cause it is modeled like that in game. In DCS drop tank fuel comes from internal tanks. I know it can be filled externally but they didn't model that I guess.

So before landing light that burner:P

• ED Team
  • Solution

you need to remove the tanks using the rearm and add them again, this is the only work around.

We are planning to add refuel sliders to the rearm menu for the tanks but I have no ETA currently. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2