Can't switch from SAM to TWS using TMS right long

SCPanda
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

With a target locked in SAM mode, TMS right long won't let you switch to TWS, it used to work before the new patch. I don't know if this is true that it does not allow you to swtich from SAM to TWS in real life, but at least by pressing the OSB button in SAM mode, it does indeed let you switch to TWS. I guess maybe in the newest patch, TMS right long HOTAS command just does not work. 

Edit: TMS right long does let you swtich from RWS to TWS tho, but not from SAM to TWS.

Edited by SCPanda
  • Like 1

SAM is a submode of RWS so it should also switch on TMS right long between the two modes as well. Also it's still the case that DCS won't transition to TWS from RWS (or RWS from TWS) after holding TMS right for the required time. Instead it waits until the TMS switch is released before enacting the change. It should enact the change when the time requirement is met regardless if the switch is still in the right position or not.

• Like 7

Hi,

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it happened to me and can reproduce it on my test mission. Track included.

If you designate target(s) in RWS, TMS right long does not switch to TWS. You can switch to TWS using OSB, and then you can return to RWS using TMS right long.

If you undesignate the designated targets in RWS using TMS down, TMS right long is again usable and switches to TWS.

Br,

itn

F16-RWS-TMS-long-bug.trk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itn said:

Hi,

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it happened to me and can reproduce it on my test mission. Track included.

If you designate target(s) in RWS, TMS right long does not switch to TWS. You can switch to TWS using OSB, and then you can return to RWS using TMS right long.

If you undesignate the designated targets in RWS using TMS down, TMS right long is again usable and switches to TWS.

Br,

itn

F16-RWS-TMS-long-bug.trk 44.77 kB · 2 downloads

Yes itn, this was exactly the problem I encountered. Thank you for the track. Hope ED can investigate this soon! 

5 hours ago, Frederf said:

SAM is a submode of RWS so it should also switch on TMS right long between the two modes as well. Also it's still the case that DCS won't transition to TWS from RWS (or RWS from TWS) after holding TMS right for the required time. Instead it waits until the TMS switch is released before enacting the change. It should enact the change when the time requirement is met regardless if the switch is still in the right position or not.

Thanks for the info Frederf! The current behavior does indeed seem wrong. 

Edited by SCPanda
  • Like 1

• ED Team
  • Solution
9 hours ago, SCPanda said:

Any news on this getting reported and fixed soon?

When I have checked it and reported I will let you all know 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2