Startup Tutorial Bugged?

Azref

I'm using the provided Startup tutorial for the Mosquito and it seems to stop at Prime engines.

Is this a known issue?

As soon as I instruct the ground crew to prime the tutorial doesn't give any further instructions.

Am I gouing wrong somewhere?

• Like 1

I have the same problem.

However, the ground crew do prime the engines, you can continue i.e. turn both (port) magnetos to on and press (port) starter and boost buttons.

Then do the same with the starboard engine.

The taxi and take off tutorial seems to be bugged as well, but can be completed.

2 hours ago, Hog_driver said:

I have the same problem.

However, the ground crew do prime the engines, you can continue i.e. turn both (port) magnetos to on and press (port) starter and boost buttons.

Then do the same with the starboard engine.

The taxi and take off tutorial seems to be bugged as well, but can be completed.

I was wondering if that would be the case. I only had a short time to try it out, so didn’t dig to far into it after I ran into the issue. 

There's something messed up with triggers in this tutorial. At some early point, both instructor and this Archie fella started randomly skipping forward with their commands before I had a chance of reading the previous one, let alone completing it, which rendered the mission impossible to conclude.

I started both engines eventually only because I previously watched Reflected's tutorial video on YT.

Haven't checked the rest of tutorials yet.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Good morning all there is no bug related to the comms menu selection and it does work as designed. Providing you follow the on screen prompts and the voice over's provided, the mission will advance. Please see the attached images. If your language versions do not provide this information please advise. Many thanks.

important note.PNG

comms.PNG

9 hours ago, Art-J said:

There's something messed up with triggers in this tutorial. At some early point, both instructor and this Archie fella started randomly skipping forward with their commands before I had a chance of reading the previous one, let alone completing it, which rendered the mission impossible to conclude.

I started both engines eventually only because I previously watched Reflected's tutorial video on YT.

Haven't checked the rest of tutorials yet.

Art-J could you please let me know which elements are advancing and jumping ahead and I will take a look. Many thanks.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, SUNTSAG said:

Art-J could you please let me know which elements are advancing and jumping ahead and I will take a look. Many thanks.

Well, the mission is getting fudged already from the get go, with Archie jumping in even before "Introduction" is properly displayed. Then it goes downhill, with Archie's and instructor's prompts and voice overs just mixing and cancelling out each other at the same time. Which is funny in its own way, but prevents the mission from being playable.

Check the replay track I linked below (I hope it runs well on your PC).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/je7vtkyp07mzs7n/startup_tutorial.trk/file

Cheers,

Art

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Art-J I have reviewed your trk file and notice that your RPM levers are fully forward as you start the mission therefore the trigger is being activated on mission start. This may suggest you have the pageup key bound to your HOTAS or a switch and it is being activated at mission start. Could you please check and report back? Many thanks.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

22 minutes ago, SUNTSAG said:

Hi Art-J I have reviewed your trk file and notice that your RPM levers are fully forward as you start the mission therefore the trigger is being activated on mission start. This may suggest you have the pageup key bound to your HOTAS or a switch and it is being activated at mission start. Could you please check and report back? Many thanks.

Bingo, that was it. I've got "synchronize with HOTAS" option ON, and in all allied warbirds I begin missions with prop levers fully forward. Looks like that's a no-no in this particular Mossie mission then. Played it again with prop levers back at the beginning and it ran correctly to the end.

I wonder if it's some limitation of scripting functions in the mission editor, or just the way this mission was built, because I can play tutorials of other warbirds fine no matter where the controls are when spawning.

Providing further feedback, I'd say the mission seems to be very sensitive (sometimesa bit too sensitive) to the way and order things are activated. For example, I've got starter and booster coil buttons assigned to spring loaded switches on my Warthog throttle, but the mission didn't want to progress to next step at all when I was using these (there was no instructor's voice over and yellow marker shown when booster button was supposed to be pressed after the starter one). The sequence continued only when I re-primed the engines again and started pressing these buttons by LMB and RMB, as originally instructed. Which is a bit odd, because other triggers (related to parking brake catch for example), were working OK even though I re-mapped some of the default commands.

I don't think it's an optimal solution, because there's a risk that other new players, who already re-mapped some of the controls, might stumble upon similar issues. I think the triggers should be more related to activated function in itself rather than keys/buttons being used for it, but then, not being advanced mission builder myself, I don't know how flexible the editor is in this regard...

It applies to some extent to other Mossie tutorial missions as well (tried out the remaining ones today) I'd say they're very good, but at the same time it seems to be easy to get them stuck when something's not clicked EXACTLY as author intended.

37 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Bingo, that was it. I've got "synchronize with HOTAS" option ON, and in all allied warbirds I begin missions with prop levers fully forward. Looks like that's a no-no in this particular Mossie mission then. Played it again with prop levers back at the beginning and it ran correctly to the end.

I wonder if it's some limitation of scripting functions in the mission editor, or just the way this mission was built, because I can play tutorials of other warbirds fine no matter where the controls are when spawning.

Providing further feedback, I'd say the mission seems to be very sensitive (sometimesa bit too sensitive) to the way and order things are activated. For example, I've got starter and booster coil buttons assigned to spring loaded switches on my Warthog throttle, but the mission didn't want to progress to next step at all when I was using these (there was no instructor's voice over and yellow marker shown when booster button was supposed to be pressed after the starter one). The sequence continued only when I re-primed the engines again and started pressing these buttons by LMB and RMB, as originally instructed. Which is a bit odd, because other triggers (related to parking brake catch for example), were working OK even though I re-mapped some of the default commands.

I don't think it's an optimal solution, because there's a risk that other new players, who already re-mapped some of the controls, might stumble upon similar issues. I think the triggers should be more related to activated function in itself rather than keys/buttons being used for it, but then, not being advanced mission builder myself, I don't know how flexible the editor is in this regard...

It applies to some extent to other Mossie tutorial missions as well (tried out the remaining ones today) I'd say they're very good, but at the same time it seems to be easy to get them stuck when something's not clicked EXACTLY as author intended.

Hi Art-J glad we have the route cause sorted. I made the missions and they advance following the instructions that are known to function and they are always based on code activations within the aircraft lua coding. Your starter switch issue could be that when the switch is activated the action is not being completed so you will need to check that…it’s only a possibility.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Must be something freaky in the code then because, logically, when I keep the spring-loaded switch on my HOTAS (bound to starter function) pressed, it shouldn't be different from keeping the LMB pressed - it's the same action from airplane system point of view. And yet, as you said, the action seems not to be recognized as completed (probably) and the "press the booster button" command never follows, unless the same procedure is repeated using mouse, and mouse only.

So I've had this problem - as above follow the text on screen prompts exactly, you also need to move your mouse cursor over the boos button (with the guard raised) and right click the boost button to get it to start (not entirely clear from the voice over)

Yes, same issue for me, getting stuck at the engine priming.

However, it all works perfectly if I only used the described keys in the tutorial and not the HOTAS switches I've mapped. I have a feeling I have had something similar in the past - maybe in the Huey tutorials.

@SUNTSAG

On the subject of bugs, there's something that has been happening quite often with me on the Mosquito. Whenever I drop both bay bombs at the same time, they sometimes touch eachother and explode in mid-air right beneath my aircraft almost destroying it. This is something that always bothered me on other aircrafts but never happened enough to be a problem. Obviously this is because the bomb's collider makes it explode whenever it touches something, be it from the sides or even behind, but what would be alot better is if the collider was only on the tip of the bomb, and to avoid the bombs from going into one another, just make their rigidbodies push eachother around instead of exploding.