Binding both RPM levers to 1 Axis?

Gunfreak

I have the Winwing tarus throttle so I have two axis for the throttle, but not really two easy acces axis for the RPM, since I'll most likely never have diffrent RPMs on the two engines, I wondered it it was possible to bind them both to a single axis, I also have the take off panel from Wingwing, that has two small axis levers,  I thought one could be used for flaps and the other for both engine RPMs.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Только что, Gunfreak сказал:

I have the Winwing tarus throttle so I have two axis for the throttle, but not really two easy acces axis for the RPM, since I'll most likely never have diffrent RPMs on the two engines, I wondered it it was possible to bind them both to a single axis, I also have the take off panel from Wingwing, that has two small axis levers,  I thought one could be used for flaps and the other for both engine RPMs.

Well, it is possible on literally every two-engine aircraft we have right now, don't see why this one would be any different...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarbossPetross said:

Well, it is possible on literally every two-engine aircraft we have right now, don't see why this one would be any different...

How do you do it? As I said,  I have to throttle axises, so in all the two engine modern planes I just have one axis for each engine and they don't have separate axis for RPMs like ww2 planes. 

It is possible but only with a App such as Rs Mapper or Sim app even Thrustmaster app will work you basically have to give both axes two separate key board bindings and then inside say Sim App you set left throttle to control left and right rpm say keys are left Ctrl and L for left and left Ctrl and R for right Rpm in app find the left throttle and bind the 2 sets of key board bindings to it for Rpm control same thing has to be done with your Throttle inputs.                

I understand 100% where your coming from but I looked at it like this in WW2 Era planes you could take hits in 1 of 4 engines depending on your plane and being able to shut one down or change the mix, rpm, propeller pitch and what every else needed I picked up a Ch Throttle from Ebay or where every you can find best deal but 100% one thing I am glad I did.

Hope I explained it to a point you understand I have a bad habit of trying to explain but making a total fk up of it all.

• Like 1

I have a TM Warthog. In the twin engine aircraft I fly in XPlane, the B58, King Air 350, I use each throttle for an engine throttle, and control Mixture and RPM with hat switches. Works well enough there, I don't see why it wouldn't work in the Mossie. Hopefully we get to find out today!

The pitch/RPM level can be bound to a single axis for both. You can split the throttle as normal. This works just fine in the majority of cases as you don't often need to hold different RPM's, you set both the same, either max, 2850 or 2650 like the spit.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

1 hour ago, Pikey said:

The pitch/RPM level can be bound to a single axis for both. You can split the throttle as normal. This works just fine in the majority of cases as you don't often need to hold different RPM's, you set both the same, either max, 2850 or 2650 like the spit.

How do you do it, do you need a separate program or can you bind it to one. 

Engine (selected) RPM / Propeller Pitch - axis controls both engine's rpm at the same time, I have no idea how to select an engine

and

Throttle, engine (selected) - axis controls both engine throttles

ahh, i see 

Select active engine to both = 9

select active engine left = 8

select active engine right = 0

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

Engine (selected) RPM / Propeller Pitch - axis controls both engine's rpm at the same time, I have no idea how to select an engine

and

Throttle, engine (selected) - axis controls both engine throttles

ahh, i see 

Select active engine to both = 9

select active engine left = 8

select active engine right = 0

Ah so hit 9 and you can control both?