better detail's at bases, H4, Incirlik

evanf117

image.pngit would be nice to see some updates to hangers and airfields for instance the hangers at H4 are more than just half a cylinder with a hole cut through and what is marked as parking spot 12 in dcs is not dirt but tin or corrugated iron irl, there are many instances like this all over syria map, for instance this Burm in the wrong position at incirlik unknown.png irl is opening is on the east side and in dcs its on the north, now i under stand this is Very Very nit picky and i have no good defence for that but it would be nice to see ugra go that little extra mile and fix these little bugs and errors

also there are pliantly more of these for instance missing roads at an airport in Israel

• Like 2

based of the hangers at bassel al assad we should have 4 of the heli pads destroyed and a half paved run way (below)unknown.png
and not fully paved tar runways along with clean helipads
image.png
i know that satellite image has the green turned all the way up but its a common theme that irl Syria seems greener than DCS Syria and its the same weather using bing or google maps and no matter the date of the satellite photo

Edited by evanf117

35 minutes ago, evanf117 said:

based of the hangers at bassel al assad we should have 4 of the heli pads destroyed and a half paved run way (below)

You're creating a moving target. That satellite image was taken during construction at the airport, which is why the runway is only half paved. If DCS were to have its runways closed and opened based on IRL construction there would be a need for constant updating and maps would never get finished. To my knowledge, the runway construction at Bassel Al Assad is completed.

• Like 2

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

12 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

You're creating a moving target. That satellite image was taken during construction at the airport, which is why the runway is only half paved. If DCS were to have its runways closed and opened based on IRL construction there would be a need for constant updating and maps would never get finished. To my knowledge, the runway construction at Bassel Al Assad is completed.

the issue is what we have in dcs when it comes to maps is a set date and it doesnt move, the problem here is what adlest is going on at bassel al assad / Khmeimim Air Base is its like no set date was chosen so its a mish mash and at that point why not add the helicopter hangers, i would like to know the set date, then for BSMT 2 i can make it 99% accurate to that date but i couldn't because the map its self and parts of it that cant be changed are unrealistic, bassel never had a black runway, always a concrete one, the image below (2016)  is about as dark as it ever was post 2010,
 image.png
either we need a half paved concrete 17R/35L or a different state of the hangers/helipads, i see people wanting female pilot body's and call me crazy for saying this but adlest get the maps down to one date or around 3 months accuracy between any 2 points more than 50km apart on a map

Edited by evanf117

19 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

also i dont think im creating a moving target, its directly, based of building A pavement B should look like this and area C should look like that so something is wrong here and needs to be fixed, what part is right and what part is wrong,

image.png
something is a little off in the red, the coast line and trees and sam site, also its a ~1/3 meter artificial plateau, also the SA-2 has 6 launchers in a ring not 5, it never had 5, not in 2013 not today, is the DCS map shrunk?, also, where is the green, i feel like its way to grey/brown

4 hours ago, evanf117 said:

the issue is what we have in dcs when it comes to maps is a set date and it doesnt move, the problem here is what adlest is going on at bassel al assad / Khmeimim Air Base is its like no set date was chosen so its a mish mash and at that point why not add the helicopter hangers, i would like to know the set date, then for BSMT 2 i can make it 99% accurate to that date but i couldn't because the map its self and parts of it that cant be changed are unrealistic, bassel never had a black runway, always a concrete one, the image below (2016)  is about as dark as it ever was post 2010,
 image.png
either we need a half paved concrete 17R/35L or a different state of the hangers/helipads, i see people wanting female pilot body's and call me crazy for saying this but adlest get the maps down to one date or around 3 months accuracy between any 2 points more than 50km apart on a map

I rather have a bit of a mish mash if that means more playability overall than having some half paved runway that is more “accurate for 2016”. You can always add missing objects yourself and for devs to constantly update things on a map as things change irl would be a huge waste of time, money and resources. The map is very detailed as is and no one is gonna notice if riverbed area X looks slightly different IRL than it does ingame

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

10 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

I rather have a bit of a mish mash if that means more playability overall than having some half paved runway that is more “accurate for 2016”. You can always add missing objects yourself and for devs to constantly update things on a map as things change irl would be a huge waste of time, money and resources. The map is very detailed as is and no one is gonna notice if riverbed area X looks slightly different IRL than it does ingame

"The map is very detailed as is and no one is gonna notice if riverbed area X looks slightly different IRL than it does in game" no, people do, especially when all of area x looks shrunk also it does matter when you cant fit 7 Sa-2's where 7 Sa-2's are irl, when the grade of terrain is entirely different and tree coverage is entirely different it makes a difference, also give green syria isnt this dull looking

22 hours ago, evanf117 said:

image.png
something is a little off in the red, the coast line and trees and sam site, also its a ~1/3 meter artificial plateau, also the SA-2 has 6 launchers in a ring not 5, it never had 5, not in 2013 not today, is the DCS map shrunk?, also, where is the green, i feel like its way to grey/brown

I reported the SA-2 site here, but didn't get any traction unfortunately, fortunately other SA-2 positions have the correct number of revetments.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

13 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

I reported the SA-2 site here, but didn't get any traction unfortunately, fortunately other SA-2 positions have the correct number of revetments.

yea, also in your post you forgot to add the one unburmed launcher image.png
im hoping this thread will get traction and can turn into a mega thread of sorts of all the the bugs when it comes to terrain on syria map

also

unknown.png
unknown.png
hanger 3 does not exist at Tha'lha and yes i know object remove and destruct, that destroys both 3 and 4 not just 3

Edited by evanf117

3 minutes ago, evanf117 said:

yea, also in your post you forgot to add the one unburmed launcher image.png
im hoping this thread will get traction and can turn into a mega thread of sorts of all the the bugs when it comes to terrain on syria map

I spotted that one, but I didn't know what to do with it, so I just left it out. But provided the overall site is corrected, it can just be added in by mission editors.

My main issue is the site is missing dirt tracks and apart from the overall shape, it doesn't seem that accurate, and the elevation mesh doesn't help either.

It doesn't make the site unusable, but I'm not going to say no if we can get it more accurate.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, AvgeekJoe said:

Also these airports need to have their parking issues resolved.  See here:

Thanks.

I think mixing in other unrelated issues into a thread that already does not have a clear primary issue will not help its coherence. Creating one thread per issue is generally preferred.

• Thanks 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

56 minutes ago, Recoil16 said:

I think mixing in other unrelated issues into a thread that already does not have a clear primary issue will not help its coherence. Creating one thread per issue is generally preferred.

ok, it started with the hangers at H4 and then i just kept finding more and more things to add on and decided to add them here over making new threads as i dont want to spam the forums, i can make separate threads for new issues i find like a missing burm at Khalkhalah and the burms for a sam site there being the wrong size an shape, also there is a sam site in Israel and where it is in dcs there are far too many trees and its not flat enough to put a sam there

• Like 1