F7 Not Recognized

Hi All,

Although the key has proven to be working out of DCS, I can't do anything with said key within the Sim. I tried to assign it to the default for the purposes of the Comms menu, but no matter what I do, it will not recognize me pressing the key. I have it selected 'F7 Ground Unit View' and also with a 'LCtrl + F7'. and yet still it does not work on that functions either

It is only really causing me an issue within the Comms Menu structure, as all I can do is use the mouse. I have a Stream Deck XL which also has the entire Comms structure, including F7 as a button, again, nothing in DCS.

Every other application, F7 works perfectly

image.png

Any assistance would be truly appreciated

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

By default TrackIR uses the F7 key to toggle "Precision" mode and doesn't pass the key stroke on to DCS.

I have "Precision" mode disabled but perhaps disabling "Trap" would work equally well, YMMV.

TrackIR Precision Mode uses F7 key by default.jpg

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Both, Precise was assigned to F7, now Shift + F7 and changed the other 2 to Shift + F8 and F9. Left the Centre as Caps Lock

Off to try it now, but confident you are both right

Thank you very much

Edited by Ice Rhino
  • Like 1

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors