Reverb G1 losing track - any ideas/help?

sirrah

I recently moved my VR setup to the corner of the room, but I'm noticing that my Reverb is quite instantly losing track when I'm looking to the left (area circled red in the picture below).

My room is properly lit with several LED lights, so I hardly doubt that there's not enough light. Also I never really had an issue when my setup was located in the middle of my room.

Is it possible that the Reverb isn't able to properly track when looking at an entirely white surface?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

IMG_15092021_075602_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

Edited by sirrah
Typo

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Quite possibly, and may be because of the proximity of that surface. Try sticking some black tape to the wall to give it reference points.

My G2 doesn't like TOO much light. On a bright summer's day (albeit unusual in the UK this year) if I also have my ceiling lights on, I get tracking issues.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

6 hours ago, ShaunX said:

Quite possibly, and may be because of the proximity of that surface. Try sticking some black tape to the wall to give it reference points.

My G2 doesn't like TOO much light. On a bright summer's day (albeit unusual in the UK this year) if I also have my ceiling lights on, I get tracking issues.

Tested and you were right

Now to think about a more decent looking solution. I guess some posters will do 😋

All white surface is no good

IMG_15092021_144516_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg

Edited by sirrah
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH