Is there a hard limit to the number of axis to button?

Skwirl865

On my cm2 I have 2 buttons for idle detents, 4 buttons for flaps and gear on the gear slider axis, a button for vr zoom and one for spyglass zoom on the ring finger slider. I wanted to map a button to each direction of the mini stick but when I try to do them, it doesn’t map 2 of them and it takes the other 2 from the vr zoom axis.  
I’m using the preconfigured “1-20% and 81-100%. 
I do have 2 of the 4 custom axis to button slots left but that won’t be enough for what I’m trying to do. 
I’m new so I’m imagining I’m doing something wrong but maybe there’s a limit. 

1 hour ago, dburne said:

See if this helps:

That one and the one about the throttle detents is what I used to set them up initially. My problem is, when I map a new button axis now that I’ve done all the others, it chooses a physical button that’s already in use and I don’t know why. 

2 hours ago, Skwirl865 said:

That one and the one about the throttle detents is what I used to set them up initially. My problem is, when I map a new button axis now that I’ve done all the others, it chooses a physical button that’s already in use and I don’t know why. 

You mean the tick boxes presets for axis to button are using physical buttons that are currently in use ? You might want to report that on virpil forums as that sounds like a bug

• Like 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

13 hours ago, HC_Official said:

You mean the tick boxes presets for axis to button are using physical buttons that are currently in use ? You might want to report that on virpil forums as that sounds like a bug

Could it be that there’s a break in the used buttons and unused?  Like it’s all used up

to like 70 and then there’s about 6 unassigned buttons and then the buttons I’ve mapped to axis’. 
what happens if u don’t use the first unused button in the list?

also my zoom axis is jittery just a little. Kinda like the x52 does. How do I increase the buffer?

Edited by Skwirl865

physical buttons are two types - real ones that exist and "fake" ones that axis to buttons create

When I create these manually (main axis tab) I start from 128 and count down

The tick box ones (inside settings for an axis) are auto generated

the logical ones are the buttons that windows sees, you cannot have a break in this list , a gap in this list will cause anything after it to be ignored

encoders are either buffered (which means fast clicks get stored and then passed into windows) or unbuffered which means fast rotation maybe miss clicks

My extensive list of tutorials cover all this stuff

Edited by HC_Official
  • Like 1

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

4 hours ago, HC_Official said:

physical buttons are two types - real ones that exist and "fake" ones that axis to buttons create

the logical ones are the buttons that windows sees, you cannot have a break in this list , a gap in this list will cause anything after it to be ignored

encoders are either buffered (which means fast clicks get stored and then passed into windows) or unbuffered which means fast rotation maybe miss clicks

:thumbup:

They are invaluable indeed! Much thanks for all the effort you put into them for us!

• Like 1

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

7 hours ago, HC_Official said:

Your videos are what I used to set it up exclusively. I’ve watched every one of em I believe and a few of them 2-3 times. That’s where my throttle defends came from, my buffered encoders, joystick gremlin, key commands mappings, modes, axis to buttons, all of it and now that U said “it will cause everything after to be ignored” I remember I remember u saying that. What made me ask the question is I remembered u saying it was bad in the videos a few times, I just forgot u said what it would do and I was just reaching for some reason why I’m having this problem. 
ive got to be misunderstanding what I’m looking at in my software in some way or another. 

have u thought about doing a deep dive on joystick gremlin?  That would be super helpful too. 
I think I may have found the way to create modifiers in the “condition” of a mapped button but I’m not sure. There are a lot of things jg does that I have no idea about and the directions are not bad but for a noob to pc gaming, it’s not as descriptive as your videos. 
is there a way to do axis to button in joystick gremlin?

also which setting in the virpil software changes the buffer size to get rid of “jitters” in the axis other than throttle. 
I can’t seem

to get rid of the shaking in my zoom axis

Edited by Skwirl865