Precise or UTM Coordinate input for target waypoints??

AG-51_Razor

Is there a training video or training mission out there to explain how to put in precise coordinates to use for target waypoint such as for a JDAM? I have seen a video by deephack showing how to go about using the F10 map to mark targets and then "simulate" putting them into the CAS page by using R Shf + R Alt + Number 8 but that has a few problems associated with it. First, the coordinates are not that accurate and secondly, that method is only available IF the host/Mission Builder has enabled "ALL" with the F10 view. I am interested in knowing if it is possible to have the coordinates be placed in the briefing by the mission builder ahead of time to be used much like we do with the precise coordinates in the Hornet.

I have not been able to come across anything that explains how to input UTM coordinates either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much Gunnar81. I have printed this out and will attempt to get it figured out. In the meantime, I would like to return the favor by suggesting you watch these two videos by Deephack. The first one will explain how the CAS page is populated and the second one will explain what you can do with that information in order to employ your JDAMs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

I have not been able to come across anything that explains how to input UTM coordinates either.

You need to have a waypoint or similar close to the target i.e. in the same UTM "block"

So assuming you are entering the Target Point(s) while still at your base

• Create a WP near the TGT's using Lat/Long.

• Select this new WP and then enter Target Point(s) T1 to T10 using UTM for precise target co-ordinates.

This is an example mission starting at Senaki to bomb targets at Tbilisi

AV-8B Hot start at Senaki

AV-8B UTM data entry check for target(s) at Tbilisi

• Add a WP at Tbilisi

EHSD > Data

Tbilisi WP Co-ordinates =
N 41° 40' 28", E 044° 56' 48", 1574 ft MSL

Exit EHSD > Data mode and ...

• Select this WP to set UTM grid square

• Add TGT Points 1 - 5

EHSD > Data

Enter these Precise TGT UTM's as TGT Points 1 - 5
38T MM
96505 13181
96582 13074
96674 13005
96777 12921
96917 12793

Check T1 to T5 co-ordinates on the EHSD data page are correct

J82 (GBU-32) selected and armed,
TPOD STBY --> OPER

Select TGT Point 1 and designate
WINC long press to make system designation

When in range WINC short to step through T1 to T5
(will have to step over T1 as WINC long transfers it to T0)

(or WINC short so T1 is the first bomb drop and ignore/skip T0)

Unfortunately the track of this mission fails with the Harrier crashing into the ground after take off but it can serve to show the data entry process

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9hpb18synn8rfa/AV8B creating UTM TGT PTS at Tbilisi%2C 2_7_5_10869.trk?dl=0

At the moment, there doesn't seem to be away of dropping multiple JDAMs (with one press) unlike with the TPOD and TOO.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Ramsay, thanks for this discription. I do have a question though; how do you get the UTM coordinates put into the ODU??

• Add TGT Points 1 - 5

EHSD > Data

Enter these Precise TGT UTM's as TGT Points 1 - 5
38T MM
96505 13181
96582 13074
96674 13005
96777 12921
96917 12793

This means nothing to me - other than I do realize that those are the UTM coordinates for the 5 target points. I don't have a clue what to do with them. You must realize how particular this Harrier is about the way you enter data into the UFC and/or the ODU and without some specific instructions about which button to press, in what order etc, etc, etc, I'm just as clueless now as I was before. You wouldn't insult me one bit if you led me by the nose through each and every step to enter those UTM coordinates. You absolutely cannot assume that I know anything about it - especially when it comes to the odd ENT button press, or Northing or Easting entry. Are they preceeded by pressing the 2 or 6 key? Are all 10 digits entered in one long string? Is the ENT key pressed after all 10, or each time a 5 digit string is entered? I have already tried a couple of these techniques with no success and it can be fairly daunting. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 hours ago, AG-51_Razor said:

This means nothing to me - other than I do realize that those are the UTM coordinates for the 5 target points. I don't have a clue what to do with them. You must realize how particular this Harrier is about the way you enter data into the UFC and/or the ODU and without some specific instructions about which button to press, in what order etc, etc, etc, I'm just as clueless now as I was before.

No problem, I've uploaded a short tutorial/demo of entering AV-8B UTM Target Points, hopefully it'll help.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 9/14/2021 at 6:58 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

Thank you very much Gunnar81. I have printed this out and will attempt to get it figured out. In the meantime, I would like to return the favor by suggesting you watch these two videos by Deephack. The first one will explain how the CAS page is populated and the second one will explain what you can do with that information in order to employ your JDAMs.

Thanks alot for posting these! Appreciate it