Adverse Yaw Non-Existent

fapador

Why is No adverse Yaw effect present on all the WWII planes. When rolling on one side you must correct with opposite rudder pedal . No warbird shows this behavior not even neutral Flight ball but exactly the opposite as  nearly always needs rudder input towards the rolling side. Something is going very wrong with the FM's here.  

Dönüş-kayış_göstergesi_-_skid.png

Edited by fapador
  • Like 1

Obsessed with FM's

If you want to correct adverse yaw you have to step on the ball which is most of the times in the same direction of roll. But of course, some do not have a very pronounced adverse yaw as they have design features to minimize or reduce this effect in the first place.

• ED Team

Adverse yaw is corrected by pedal IN the direction of roll, NOT the opposite. Opposite pedal is for proverse yaw, which is rare and mostly encountered in aircraft with spoilerons. Bad thread.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:27 PM, peachmonkey said:

don't you need the opposite rudder only if you want to maintain the same altitude during the turn? Otherwise it starts to slip in to the turn and the ball moves in to the roll side.

I'm just a noob.. don't hit me too hard.. 😄

You're good, OP doesn't know what they're talking about.

Edited by m4ti140
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I am a Cfi and have tailwheel rating irl. You almost always will use rudder in direction of the turn with adverse yaw as stated above. 

otherwise you will skid and if slow enough with enough aoa, spin. 

Edited by inpayne

• 2 weeks later...

the props in DCS are easily the best combat flight sim, flight models available on any game/sim i've test (xplane is not combat sim)... There is adverse yaw, and Nealius is right, you need to get into the settings/special/ specific module/ because by default, DCS has enabled "noob settings" for all ww2 props, namely 100% takeoff rudder assist, and in fight auto rudder. every single prop has these 2 settings and if you disable them, you'll get your adverse yaw and so forth... I made a video about a year back, where i exploited the opposite of adverse yaw (ie i jammed the airlerons so they wouldn't work -option in failures- and used purely the rudder to steer the aircraft around the pattern into land... the same set of forces, from the other side being explloited to achieve this)

• Like 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

• 2 months later...

Nice, and there is plenty of yaw as well as p-factor in the ww2 prop ships. I need to check the noob settings, but even then it's "woo doggies!" at low speed, high g and bank angle, scissoring and trying to land hits. Those big blades throw you around a lot! The Sabre is pretty nasty at the limit too as a swept wing jet without p-factor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse