Airplane falsely illuminated at night in certain situations

Photon

Once in a while, when flying night missions, the entire plane will be illuminated as if by some invisible light source. Kind of like flood lights are around the plane, even while airborne.

Usually, restarting DCS and running the mission again fixes the problem.

Edited by Photon

Once in a while, when flying night missions, the entire plane will be illuminated as if by some invisible light source. Kind of like flood lights are around the plane, even while airborne.
Usually, restarting DCS and running the mission again fixes the problem.
I've seen this on older missions pre-dating the change to the new cloud system. I opened the missions in ME, selected a pre-set cloud, then saved the mission. To make sure the changes loaded, I deleted fxo and metashaders2 folders under Saved Games/DCS (DCS.openbeta)/

Those missions then worked ok.

Hope that helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

I've seen this before, a few months ago, but I thought the issue had been fixed. Is your game up-to-date?

Yea, running the latest version of openbeta. Happened in the F16 red flag campaign, but I had it once in the Raven One campaign as well. Those campaigns seems to be updated rather regularly, but stil get it from time to time

I’ve had it happen twice in the Mirage 2000 red flag campaign. I run open beta and it’s updated. You can open those missions in the editor but- unlike other campaign missions- I can’t save it. So when I try to add whether, it doesn’t take. BUT, it seems just going to the editor, opening, closing and restating did the trick anyway.

im more bothered by how the ground is jet balls through NVGs on Nevada and Syria maps….but alas, not a weather thing 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG, ive had this issue since i started 9 or so months ago, and in many cases i cant complete the mission, but couldn't workout why it would only do it randomly. Just confirmed, restarting game an doing night mission first works correctly!! .. Hopefully gets fixed soon