Mission 13 Falcon frequency

During mission 13 after having engaged a friendly target (which was designated enemy), we are asked to contact Falcon. But nowhere the falcon frequency is given. Maybe earlier inside this mission, but from within VR it is quite difficult to note down or remember frequencies given earlier. Could not find them in the briefing or the mission document. There is no other way to finish this mission if the frequency is not found.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready_ENP said:

During mission 13 after having engaged a friendly target (which was designated enemy), we are asked to contact Falcon. But nowhere the falcon frequency is given. Maybe earlier inside this mission, but from within VR it is quite difficult to note down or remember frequencies given earlier. Could not find them in the briefing or the mission document. There is no other way to finish this mission if the frequency is not found.

The frequency is provided during the mission, I'm a VR only user myself so the in-game messages are used to compensate for this, when the frequency is given it will remain displayed on the message until you press spacebar to remove it.  At the point in the mission you have mentioned you should still have been on the freq for Falcon as you were never directed away from it, I'm guessing you switched away by mistake...and you're right this will cause a problem if you do this and haven't written it down anywhere.  It's valuable feedback, thank you for raising.  I try and build missions with a 'what if the player does this' mentality, so if you do something that wasn't predicted or instructed the mission won't break, obviously this particular case wasn't something I considered so the feedback helps me make adjustments in the future.

If it helps for you next play though it's 37.6 on the VHF FM radio.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Replayed it. Yes you are right, I don't know why the freq was changed. What a downer the outcome of that mission.. 

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, _Lobo_ said:

On another note Chillng re this mission, how the hell do I get to Marshall in time? By the time I take off I need to fly at 360 to hit ToT!

How long are you spending on start up? TOTs can get tricky as everyone has different versions of how thoroughly they start the aircraft and perform tests etc, this issue came up in testing so looked for a middle ground which seems to work for most, I think it will be a struggle if you perform all the tests etc but there is enough time to do a cold start with full GPS alignment, takes me 5 or 6 minutes from memory.

6 hours ago, _Lobo_ said:

OK then my startup must be too long. I'll look at doing a more abridged one.

PS If you ever need an Australian accent for your campaigns let me know!

Cool, thanks for the offer if something comes up I'll let you know!

On 10/17/2021 at 8:44 PM, ChillNG said:

How long are you spending on start up? TOTs can get tricky as everyone has different versions of how thoroughly they start the aircraft and perform tests etc, this issue came up in testing so looked for a middle ground which seems to work for most, I think it will be a struggle if you perform all the tests etc but there is enough time to do a cold start with full GPS alignment, takes me 5 or 6 minutes from memory.

FYI I quickened my startup, and am now wheels rolling in under 6 minutes - but I still need to fly at over 330. I can't explain, it so I will adjust the start time in the mission editor.

2 hours ago, _Lobo_ said:

FYI I quickened my startup, and am now wheels rolling in under 6 minutes - but I still need to fly at over 330. I can't explain, it so I will adjust the start time in the mission editor.

Ok I'll double check make sue nothings gone wrong, note that changing the start time won't help, the TOT will just move forward as its based on a timer from mission start not a specific time.

TOT should not be an issue here. Are you looking at the right waypoint? Adjust the TOT for the right one, it should be doable with a normal INS alignment. I did not made it once because of some messing about and got my a&# chewed out by Overlord or something like that.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

10 hours ago, Ready_ENP said:

Are you looking at the right waypoint?

Waypoint 4 - Marshall with a ToT of 10.10.

I just did a fast align which had me wheels rolling at 4 minutes. However when I then select WP4 I am given a speed of 305 on the hud to reach WP4 in time.

When I didn't make it on time I am scolded and informed that additional AAA has been deployed.

Hold on - I just realised I wasn't manually setting ToT as I assumed the mission editor had done that. The mission editor has ToT at 10.08. So I changed it, and with a rapid startup I have a target speed of 245. So problem solved finally - my error!

Edited by _Lobo_

3 hours ago, _Lobo_ said:

Waypoint 4 - Marshall with a ToT of 10.10.

I just did a fast align which had me wheels rolling at 4 minutes. However when I then select WP4 I am given a speed of 305 on the hud to reach WP4 in time.

When I didn't make it on time I am scolded and informed that additional AAA has been deployed.

Hold on - I just realised I wasn't manually setting ToT as I assumed the mission editor had done that. The mission editor has ToT at 10.08. So I changed it, and with a rapid startup I have a target speed of 245. So problem solved finally - my error!

Awesome glad you figured it out. 

• 2 months later...

I don't want to start a separate topic for this so let me give a bit of feedback:

This mission was a rollercoaster of emotions...I felt sick when the mission ended...so I continued my flight all the way back and even managed the beefy landing on a taxiway. What nice surprise 😄 

Oh and yes - I do own Flight Simulator 2020 - so a quick 45 minutes trip without action is just what I like to do from time to time 😄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CrispyRoboChicken said:

I don't want to start a separate topic for this so let me give a bit of feedback:

This mission was a rollercoaster of emotions...I felt sick when the mission ended...so I continued my flight all the way back and even managed the beefy landing on a taxiway. What nice surprise 😄 

Oh and yes - I do own Flight Simulator 2020 - so a quick 45 minutes trip without action is just what I like to do from time to time 😄

Ha ha thanks, good to hear!