Using Stand Alone SSD for DCS

hrnet940

I am starting to run out of room on my C drive and thinking about purchasing and installing a 1 TB SSD drive for just DCS.  When I move my DCS over, how do I bring my logbook and other stuff with it?

I don't know where to post this to get the most replies and help.  I hope this is the correct forum.

Patiently Waiting,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Mine is on a 1TB m.2 SSD, I initially loaded it there to start with, you can try to just copy and paste the game over to the SSD, I have DCS, and the "Other Sim" on the "E" drive (SSD).  The files that belong in "Saved games" always make it there, it updates/repairs just fine too.  Or you can just do a fresh install of the game on the new drive and then move what you need from the old install to the new one. and delete it.  Just save your custom Lua files just in case.  Save you time reconfiguring things. 

Hoss

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

Thanks Hoss for the info and a way forward.  I will keep this in mind when figuring out my next steps.

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.