Track File Incorrect Position when landing on Carrier

GeoS72

I was attempting to demonstrate another bug in this track file. This file demonstrates a bug when replaying a landing sequence on a carrier. In actual game play, the aircraft landed safely onboard CVN-71. When replaying the track file, the aircraft crashes into the sea. I get the impression that the track file doesn't take into account the movement of the carrier. It uses the initial starting point of the ship as the final point.

Any thoughts?

SP Replay crash in water.trk

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 6:17 PM, GeoS72 said:

The thought is: it's just how track replays work. They record all inputs made to the birds in order to essentially replay whatever happens. Due to the intricacies of this, at some point (specially in longer tracks) desyncs WILL occur and stuff will go wrong.

Essentially the track replay is not a "video replay" function, but a debug function to log stuff that happened and see how it affected the simulation - but you would use shorter, isolated tracks of the incident you want to debug / file a bug report on for that.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• ED Team

As Shimmergloom667 mentions above replays only replay inputs, and many things can create problems, AI can make different choices, wind turbulence can be slightly different. 

Redoing the track replay system is something we want to do, but it will be in the future. 

I will try to reproduce this specific issue and ask the team about it.

thank you 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2