"LandingReFuAr" broken in Sea Ops?

cfrag

I've created a basic mission where I have a bunch of ships (basically a carrier group and a Tarawa). I now want a helicopter that hops around the ships in the fleet to add some background color, simulating a supply-hopping chopper. To do this, I created a helicopter on the Tarawa, have it fly to the various ships (that all have a helo port, so helicopters can land there), and choose 'LandingReFuAr" as action for that waypoint. My intend is that the helicopter flies to each ship, lands, and after a brief interval departs and flies to the next.

Unfortunately, that does not work. Instead of flying to each ship, the helo flies through the original waypoint locations - which are empty because the ships have moved, finds no ship to land on, and then proceeds to the next (now also empty) waypoint, and finally returns to the Tarawa (strangely, the last LandReFuAr action does work, presumably because the Tarawa is the closest airfield in range). 

What am I doing wrong? Is there an option that I'm missing so helicopters know that the way point set for landing belongs to the unit (shipbourne helo pads)? Or is it currently impossible to do this?

The location of a landing waypoint doesn't actually matter, AI should navigate to where-ever their landing destination is at automatically. That said it looks to be broken for helicopters in general because they won't land on FARPs or airfields with that waypoint type. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

18 hours ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

Try shorting the fuel load to see if that triggers a landing. 

Great idea, spectacular results 🙂 - unfortunately not those that I had hoped for. Helo simply goes into the drink, even though there were enough ships in range to land on.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

BUMP.  Its now 2023 and the "LandingReFuAr" is still broken.  CH-47, MI-8 etc any helo Will not land on any boat with the 'LandingReFuAr" wp.  They will simply crash into the water when approaching a ship.  Tried on the Tarawa, HMS Invincible etc. none work.  If given a simple "Land" waypoint this works however not the former.

Please address this already ED

• Like 1