This is awesome! Thank you ED!

SCPanda

Indeed, that's a feature I was asking for for quite some time. It's great that ED actually did this now, which offers great new possibilities for server admins to host historic missions without having to deal with the warehouses!

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 8

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Indeed, that's a feature I was asking for for quite some time. It's great that ED actually did this now, which offers great new possibilities for server admins to host historic missions without having to deal with the warehouses!

Yep. ED said on Hoggit it's for all aircraft even the AI. Not just the Viper. 

Also, HTS pod in the picture! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

Yep. ED said on Hoggit it's for all aircraft even the AI. Not just the Viper.

Well, it's not like the AI has their own mind and decideds by itself what weapons to take, but sure why not :lol:

• Like 2

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Woohoo! This has made my day too. The only shortcoming of my current favourite aircraft. Now two more teeth against the SAMs 😎 

• Like 3

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada 

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Now that I've learnt that the HARM compatibility on stations 4 and 6 is aircraft specific, this is the best move.

Though personally, I'd rather the tickbox be located next to the historical mode and make it a global setting.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

1 hour ago, C3PO said:

Woohoo! This has made my day too. The only shortcoming of my current favourite aircraft. Now two more teeth against the SAMs 😎 

Best thing for me is not more HARMs, but the ability of being able to carry 2 HARMs with other smart munitions such as Mavericks, JDAMs, CBU-105s etc.:D

Edit: Oh I forgot, more AA missiles as well! 

47 minutes ago, HappyVoo said:

i think this is correct. I bought the product and how to use it is my business. This is not an open world online game. How to use what function is the task editor or administrator's decision.

Love your profile pic! Asuka! 

Edited by SCPanda
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, SCPanda said:

Best thing for me is not more HARMs, but the ability of being able to carry 2 HARMs with other smart munitions such as Mavericks, JDAMs, CBU-105s etc.:D

Edit: Oh I forgot, more AA missiles as well!

Huh? :huh:

Edit: Nvm, it took me a while to understand what you mean: Carrying HARMs on the inner stations and then use the classic HARM stations for sometion else. At first read I thought you meant that you could now allow all kind of munitions on all pylons 😄

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

Great news, I've been waiting so long for this feature, great to finally have it, and great to have more options for the F-16.

4 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Well, it's not like the AI has their own mind and decideds by itself what weapons to take, but sure why not :lol:

Maybe not now, but with dynamic campaign?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk187/Exorcet/F-15singaturebaseACOmodifiedcomp-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

10 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

Maybe not now, but with dynamic campaign?

Hmm 🤔

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Hmm 🤔

Well, if it works like in the other sim, and the campaign generator has the ability to automatically frag packages, the AI will need to select an appropriate payload out of a number of presets.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV-2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, CA, NS430, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bG9bBc

5 hours ago, SCPanda said:

Also, HTS pod in the picture!

"Hey, what's that HTS pod doing there??" 🤔🤣

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2 base/grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

2 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

4x HARMS and 6x Mavericks... SMH. Making DCS into gamey MAC.

I call that good research and proper simulation. they didn't add some imaginary stations or some star trek weapons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Furiz said:

I call that good research and proper simulation. they didn't add some imaginary stations or some star trek weapons.

You obviously dont know the aircraft then. But sure. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

You obviously dont know the aircraft then. But sure. 

We have information supporting both implementations, now with the payload restriction its up to the users to decide. 

• Like 12

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

4x HARMS and 6x Mavericks... SMH. Making DCS into gamey MAC.

It is opt-in/out and up to mission makers and server hosts.

The change was made based on lots of conflicting feedback that supported both arguments. Get over yourself.

• Like 10

It gave me quite a big push in good mood when i read this earlier. I have never hosted a (public) server myself because it was not possible to shape it the way i wanted (without flooding it with annoying scripts that somehow do the job half baked after all). If this evolves further, i will definitely start hosting a realism based server.

I would really love to see this being applied to other things too. Not immediately for sure but somewhere down the road.

I was particularly pissed when i saw how you slapped NVGs on the Hind, but on the other hand you gave that option in the ME to simply restrict it. Same with NS430. If you try to build some 80s (competitive) MP missions, these two are just venom you could not really stop from being used.

Absolutely wish for being able to allow/restrict NVG, NS430 use and things like 6 Mavs (not stations only, but also amount carried max.) and the like as an option for all aircraft. It would be great if these options were DCS standard.

If others build missions with everything in and they enjoys their overloaded CBU-105 trucks that barely make it off ground... i don't give a damn. But give others the option to stop that in the tracks right from the ME, without need to lock the server and hand pick folks. In the end, everyone will be happy.

Cheers ED, well played.

• Like 2

image.png

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions) | Persistent KB shortcuts | Proper coalitions system |

a little bit of feedback from me even before it's actually in game:

it would be nice to get indication of what limitations are reasonable. with the single picture posted, the UI implies that deactivating HARM on 4/6 is equally reasonable than deactivating 120c on the wingtips.

i would suggest that the default (that is, if you enable restrictions) should be most restrictive, so you see that enabling 4/6 for HARM is optional. this way a new user can quickly make his own research about the specific ordnance/station combination.

another solution would be to have tooltips that gives you the background to the possible restriction. hovering over aim-120c on wingtip would come up empty, hovering over harm on 4/6 woudl show a tooltip which in few words describes the situation regarding this setup.

• Like 2

My personal wishlist after half a decade with DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216873