Oxygen System Check?

mytai01

The Dash-1 seems to indicate that the O2 pressure can be read before starting the jet. It's in the Dash-1 to read the level before engine start, but it reads zero in the game?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

There is not Oxygen pressure gauge on the DCS version. It uses On Board Oxygen Generator System (OBOGS). The F-16 that carry liquid oxygen have a gauge, but you need to apply  main power for the fuel gauge and the O2 gauge to show proper numbers. One of the many reason we do power on checks every day before flight IRL.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

On 9/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, mvsgas said:

There is not Oxygen pressure gauge on the DCS version. It uses On Board Oxygen Generator System (OBOGS). The F-16 that carry liquid oxygen have a gauge, but you need to apply  main power for the fuel gauge and the O2 gauge to show proper numbers. One of the many reason we do power on checks every day before flight IRL.

Well main power plus a -60...otherwise you will have  the reading from last power on via engine running or -60

On 9/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, sdirmitt said:

Well main power plus a -60...otherwise you will have  the reading from last power on via engine running or -60

Of course I main power plus AGE (-60 or -86) connected and running with power cord connected and power switch on. How else do you get main power if the engine is not running and you don't have AGE? I did not think I needed to explain that.

Let me rephrase:

On 9/8/2021 at 9:25 PM, mvsgas said:

There is not Oxygen pressure gauge nor a liquid oxygen level gauge in the DCS version. The pressure gauge on the seat O2 bottle can't be seen in game and is irrelevant and the oxygen supply gauge on the Oxygen regulator panel indicate pressure at the regulator, with the OBOGS should not have pressure until engine is working AFAIK. In DCS, it uses On Board Oxygen Generator System (OBOGS). The F-16 that carry liquid oxygen have a liquid level gauge, but you need to apply main power ( meaning engine is running and either main gen or stanby gen operating) or ground power is on (-60 or -86) for the fuel gauge and the liquid O2 level gauge to show proper numbers. One of the many reason we do power on checks (with AGE) every day before flight IRL.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..