Doodlebugs!

frostycab

There is one already present in the files, as well as a launch ramp.

I'm pretty sure it's planned to be a functional unit, it's just missing proper implementation, as well as the numerous other support structures.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 minute ago, Tank50us said:

Also, GR attempted to do the whole flipping thing with missiles.... it doesn't work

GR attempts to do many things. LOL I'm afraid I've actually blocked them from showing in my YouTube search results because many of their videos simply show the wrong way to do things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, frostycab said:

GR attempts to do many things. LOL I'm afraid I've actually blocked them from showing in my YouTube search results because many of their videos simply show the wrong way to do things.

Dude, they practically rammed the blasted thing, and it didn't do a damn thing to the missile.... plane was in a million pieces though

Do we have an allied aircraft capable of catching one?

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

27 minutes ago, Tank50us said:

Dude, they practically rammed the blasted thing, and it didn't do a damn thing to the missile.... plane was in a million pieces though

Then they were doing it wrong because you can shoot the missile down. You can also touch the wingtips, it will not tumble over, but you might be able to crash into it and take both of you down.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

I think Mosquito will probably be able to do so, I also vaguely remember them being one of the aircraft used in intercepting V-1, but don't know if it was our particular version.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

It would take a sophisticated DM/FM to do this, right now I think if planes touch each other they break or explode. But it would be cool…

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, SharpeXB said:

It would take a sophisticated DM/FM to do this, right now I think if planes touch each other they break or explode. But it would be cool…

Well, it's similar-ish stuff to the wake turbulence, I just don't know if it affects AI stuff.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:36 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

The V1 always had a pilot and they were not that quick, intercepting is in a dive and you drop in behind them. There is a way to crash them and their pilot if you're out of bullets and that is to fly your wing under their wing and flick it by rolling away from it. Once upside down a V1 is impossible to recover. The Spitfire, Mustang and many others can intercept a V1.  

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, SUBS17 said:

The V1 always had a pilot and they were not that quick, intercepting is in a dive and you drop in behind them. There is a way to crash them and their pilot if you're out of bullets and that is to fly your wing under their wing and flick it by rolling away from it. Once upside down a V1 is impossible to recover. The Spitfire, Mustang and many others can intercept a V1.  

The overwhelming majority of V-1s and the V-1 we have in DCS were unmanned, they didn't have a pilot, and they only had a simplistic autopilot.

System:

1 hour ago, SUBS17 said:

I don't believe that v1s had a pilot.

As for their speed, you sure about that.  According to this article, they flew at upto 400mph and were difficult to catch unless you could dive on one.

https://www.forces.net/heritage/wwii/how-spitfire-pilots-really-rammed-v1-bomb-out-sky

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

1 minute ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I don't believe that v1s had a pilot.

The Fi 103R had a pilot, but the overwhelming majority of V-1s and the V-1s everybody thinks of (Fi 103) were unmanned, only have a simplistic autopilot.

1 minute ago, Mr_sukebe said:

As for their speed, you sure about that.  According to this article, they flew at upto 400mph and were difficult to catch unless you could dive on one.

https://www.forces.net/heritage/wwii/how-spitfire-pilots-really-rammed-v1-bomb-out-sky

Agreed, 400mph is fairly fast for prop aircraft.

System:

On 9/8/2021 at 9:51 AM, frostycab said:

I'd love to see German V1 rockets in the sim, especially for use on the Channel map. It would be so much fun to try to recreate the wing-tipping tactics they used to send them off course.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, frostycab said:

Fair do's. I just don't watch their stuff anymore.

?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 7:07 PM, Desert Fox said:

Howto please 😄 I'm so tired of typing 'DCS XYZ tutorial -"Grim Reapers"' all the time in the YT search.

And yeah, +1 for working V1. Lots of great opportunities here for SP missions and also decent MP fun.

Go to the channel you want to block, and then click on "ABOUT"

On the right side, click the flag icon, and select "Block"

I do still get the odd video pop up when doing searches, but not many, and it makes it much easier to find content that's actually helpful.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 3:09 PM, Tank50us said:

I think you've misunderstood part of what I'm asking for. I was hoping that we might have the ability to do things like tip over V1s added at some point. The fact that somebody tried it and failed isn't really pertinent to the request. It simply demonstrates that the functionality required to fly such a mission isn't there. That's why I've put it on the wishlist.

Edited by frostycab