Poor Framrates compared to the 18

Legs

Whenever I am in the 16, i get really poor FPS even in the air compared to the hornet. I have a Ryzen 5 3600X overclocked with 32 GB of RAM @3200 MHZ Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER on an NVME drive. Anyone else in the same boat or experiencing similar issues?

LEGS - JTF-13

Well I am experiencing the opposite issue. The F16 runs smooth but the F18 gives poor frame rates.

Which comes from not a GPU bottleneck but from a CPU bottleneck the F18 produces. I can see that using FPSvr when playing in VR. Which makes sense that the F18 performs worse, becaue it already has more systems as a module compared to the F16. That will cause more CPU load I guess.

But the other way around that the F16s frame rates perform worse than the F18 seems weird...

Ryzen 9 5900x with RTX 3090 on my end. Which sounds like a capable system, but not when you connect a Pimax 8KX 🔥

Edited by darkman222

15 hours ago, darkman222 said:

Well I am experiencing the opposite issue. The F16 runs smooth but the F18 gives poor frame rates.

Which comes from not a GPU bottleneck but from a CPU bottleneck the F18 produces. I can see that using FPSvr when playing in VR. Which makes sense that the F18 performs worse, becaue it already has more systems as a module compared to the F16. That will cause more CPU load I guess.

But the other way around that the F16s frame rates perform worse than the F18 seems weird...

Ryzen 9 5900x with RTX 3090 on my end. Which sounds like a capable system, but not when you connect a Pimax 8KX 🔥

I should have mentioned i am on a G2 with 1.0 PD. Should i chalk it up to optimization issues?

LEGS - JTF-13

The thing is, before I started playing in VR I was not aware of that two things are needed for game performance. CPU needs to deliver the frame for the GPU in time. Otherwise you see stutters although the GPU is perfectly capable to deliver the requested frame rate.

Do you play in VR? Can you install fpsVR? Or if non VR gaming, can you check the CPU frame time of the F16 and the F18?

On 9/6/2021 at 9:44 PM, Legs said:

Whenever I am in the 16, i get really poor FPS even in the air compared to the hornet. I have a Ryzen 5 3600X overclocked with 32 GB of RAM @3200 MHZ Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER on an NVME drive. Anyone else in the same boat or experiencing similar issues?

I don´t have really poor fps with the Viper but i have less fps with the Viper (on the ground) than with the Hornet for sure. The odd is, i get stutters when inside hangars at Incirlik AFB in Syiria map.

Although is not a big issue for me because i get good performance but it´s noticeable.

I´m getting great performance with the Hornet.

I7 4790K 4.4ghz, 32 Ram, GTX 1080ti, SSD´s, and Valve Index at 120hz refresh rate.

SteamVR IPD 1.0 (default) and DCS PD at 1.5

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

it could be an issue with RAM DCS takes up pretty much all of it so it could be data transfer speed or just not enough im having problems in vr due to only having 16 GB. I have a Ryzen 9 and a 3070

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh