trackir5 with SU-33 fixed close zoom {not wide angle view}

gman066

Hi all,

i am having an issue with my trackIR latest, recently SU-33 is showing this view attached. all other planes (such as SU-27) showing wide angle view but SU-33 is showing just fixed zoom with close to hud. I am not sure if it is bug or not. i haven't changed my trackIR settings, it is default as it was.Digital Combat Simulator 9_6_2021 10_14_19 AM.png

I suspect that you have some HOTAS axis bound to the zoom control in Su-33 module and that's the result. Please, show us the axis category for Su-33 controls.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Weird, no TrackIR device/mapping in controls?

What if you center view with Numpad 5?

You can also try to make a backup of the /saved games/dcs/config/input/su-33 and then remove this folder - the new default will be created.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hey man,

*Weird, no TrackIR device/mapping in controls?

should i map it?

*What if you center view with Numpad 5?

fixed same center to HUD with closed view.

*You can also try to make a backup of the /saved games/dcs/config/input/su-33 and then remove this folder - the new default will be created.

there is no su-33 folder found in /config/input/*

only f-16C_50, fa-18c_hornet, ka-50 and disable.lau files found.

9 hours ago, gman066 said:

*Weird, no TrackIR device/mapping in controls?

should i map it?

*What if you center view with Numpad 5?

fixed same center to HUD with closed view.

*You can also try to make a backup of the /saved games/dcs/config/input/su-33 and then remove this folder - the new default will be created.

there is no su-33 folder found in /config/input/*

only f-16C_50, fa-18c_hornet, ka-50 and disable.lau files found.

Can you map anything to TrackIR for Su-33? Doesn't look like the device even shows in controls. Do you see it for other modules?

If you make any changes in Su-33 controls does the su-33 folder show up in \saved games\dcs\config\input? It should.

Still, the behavior looks like somthing is locking the zoom in the max state.

8 hours ago, gman066 said:

In addition, usually mouse scroll should zoom in/out, but it doesn't do it for su-33.

What if you disconnect or just disable TrackIR software, then try DCS Su-33?

And... do you use any mods? Can you upload \saved games\dcs\logs\dcs.log?

Also try with clean profile - rename temporarile \saved games\dcs to ex. \dcs.backup - and try again. If doesn't help - remove the new dcs folder and rename dcs.backup back to dcs or however it was before like dcs open beta.

I had this issue as well, altho it wasn't this close up on the HUD, I cleared my zoom axis completely, pressed ok scroll zoomed in and out a few times and then bind that zoom axis on the same rocker switch I had it on before and now its better.

Maybe this helps.

Hey guyz,

thanks for help. I just moved the savegames/dcs.openbeta to backup as per draconus’s suggestion . It’s working 😄 , it’s showing wide view as before. For test purpose, I have copied the Mod folder back to new dcs.openbeta, the issue came back. Now, it’s clear that one of the Mod/aircraft is creating this issue. I usually test any new mod available. I shall see one by one which one is the culprit.

thanks, guys, it’s great to have ur support.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it's solved. You can now move back most of the stuff from the old profile like config\options.lua and \input so you don't have to redo the settings and controls, and of course, ME\logbook.lua - your pilot history and campaign progress.