HUD scales switch? And fcr question

Skwirl865

Scales switch is part of the HUD display control. "VV / VAH" is vertical velocity and velocity-altitude-heading scales. VAH are the three scales but no VV. OFF is none of these features. By "scales" it means the analog type moving tape measure style elements. The digital bot display of those values remains regardless. If you try the switch in the various positions and look through the HUD in NAV mode it's obvious.

Range bumping can be done in all the CRM modes (not VSR?) but in DCS TWS it doesn't. I don't know why they insist it can't. The only time bump range doesn't work is when reducing range would put the bug off the scope. Outside of range bumping with cursor the control are the two OSBs on the FCR format for ramp up/down.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Frederf said:

Scales switch is part of the HUD display control. "VV / VAH" is vertical velocity and velocity-altitude-heading scales. VAH are the three scales but no VV. OFF is none of these features. By "scales" it means the analog type moving tape measure style elements. The digital bot display of those values remains regardless. If you try the switch in the various positions and look through the HUD in NAV mode it's obvious.

Range bumping can be done in all the CRM modes (not VSR?) but in DCS TWS it doesn't. I don't know why they insist it can't. The only time bump range doesn't work is when reducing range would put the bug off the scope. Outside of range bumping with cursor the control are the two OSBs on the FCR format for ramp up/down.

Yea. I did t think there was a way so I just mapped those osb buttons to my hotas along wth the 2 below it so I can have full radar control without taking my hand off the stick

13 minutes ago, Skwirl865 said:

U can do it with the radar cursor in the 18 tho right?  Like slew over the up arrow on the screen and push the button and it’ll do it?

You can either use the cursor akin to a mouse pointer and actuate TDC Depress, or you can cursor bump the range. Works a little differently compared to range bumping in the F-16. Move the cursor above the tactical region (beyond the AOT dugout) and back in to increase the range scale, or below the scope and back in to decrease. Same applies to the scan volume azimuth: left to decrease, right to increase.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/