Questions about terminology in mission 9

Hello, I have many problems with terminology in this mission. At the beginning of this mission I received the following message: ".... Playtime zero plus four five. Update code 14C capable". What does it means "Update 14C capable"? I did nothing about it.

Another ones:

- "no factor"

- "tapes on, armstrong"

- "5 mikes" -> I suppose it is 5 minutes

- "put your pod at lines 4 and 6" -> I did nothing

Any help it is very grateful. Thanks.

I'll try to help with a few:

"no factor"

Not a present threat

"tapes on, armstrong"

I believe this is the same as "fence in" - and references turning on the HUD tapes

"5 mikes" -> I suppose it is 5 minutes

yep

"put your pod at lines 4 and 6"

Refers to the 9-line format you've just been given by the JFAC. Line 4 and 6 is the target elevation and position. Basically, look at the target with the TGP.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

18 hours ago, splash said:

Thank you. The campaign is fantastic, but honestly I am tired of so much terminology that I do not understand.

Me too, a great opportunity to learn. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 32G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 
  • Modules: F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria
  • Flight Hours: 400 (On Steam)

Gorilla is NATO shorthand, I believe, for a large group of hostile aircraft. 

Feet Wet means currently over water, or transitioning from land airspace to oceanic airspace. Opposite of Feet Dry.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes: