Ability to use the comms menu like Jester menu

Atom1285

On 9/5/2021 at 1:31 PM, Atom1285 said:

I noticed how easy it is to interact with Jester you just 1 button and then just move your head. 

I think it would be nice to be able to 

to use comms menu in a similar way. 

Could be a option in special settings.

Wags mentioned that with the new ATC they are looking at ways of improving the menu, even thinking of communicating without using a menu (voice commands?).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yeah the best way any of these comms could work would be a “Siri”-like voice recognition where you can just speak with ATC or wingmen etc. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

No thanks.  I don't want my whole screen taken up by a comms menu.  And I can queue up a command thats a level or two deep with the current setup, which is especially important if you're doing something like AAR or CTLD.

Integrated voice recognition as suggested by SharpeXB would be awesome though.

Edited by PickleMonster

2 hours ago, PickleMonster said:

No thanks.  I don't want my whole screen taken up by a comms menu.  And I can queue up a command thats a level or two deep with the current setup, which is especially important if you're doing something like AAR or CTLD.

Absolutely agree!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

On 9/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, PickleMonster said:

As I said it could be a option in the special settings. I respect your opinion tho. I agree that it would be a bit hard during AAR, but what if we could make it smaller and put it into a corner of the screen. There is a lots of options. 

Edited by Atom1285
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 2:56 PM, Atom1285 said:

As I said it could be a option in the special settings. I respect your opinion tho. I agree that it would be a bit hard during AAR, but what if we could make it smaller and put it into a corner of the screen. There is a lots of options. 

As an option I think this would be fantastic. I have recently started flying the F-14 and using Jester with VR and it is a great solution.

I have tried using VAICOM but find it a bit hit or miss. Plus it isn't always convenient to be talking to the computer (late at night etc.)

My current solution is a button box with 12 buttons for teh F keys. Works well enough but a bit clunky compared with the Jester solution

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 1 month later...

Since I started playing DSC on a VR headset, I have struggled to use a keyboard, and faffing about with removing the headset to see the keyboard sort of detracts from the whole experience. Lets face it DCS is an awesome piece of work for the flight sim fan, just the best. So why the **** can't the apparently intelligent people at ED take a little time to sort out what to my mind is one of the most important factors. The USER INTER-FACE!!! Yes, its a sim with a lot of keymappings, so.... Give us all the possibilities actuate a key press. Radial menus and drop-down boxes are not new, but VR is, and ED need to keep up! Even something akin to Steam input API.

Those modals are making you a fair bit of money, surely you would like to sell more.

TBH, I would pay for a modal that could give me these options!

Yes! This is a brilliant way to do a menu and i can´t imagine why it haven´t been copied to other stuff sooner. The ability to just look at what you want is super convenient.

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms