Questions about the next major update and the ea situation.

Just to clarify something, I did not mean pming, but pinging, like this @Snappy - this simply highlights a thread for me, so I give it some extra attention. It is a very quick way to let me know: please take a look at this. (Given I might miss a ping here and there, especially if taking a few days off the forums, as I get so many notifications, for every like reaction, thanks reaction, reply, quote, ping, etc... and sometimes a ping that might have been important simply drowns in all of that.) That said, not trying to make up excuses.

You have to understand please guys, that the number of threads with lower priorities and high amount of replies, etc is an immensly time consuming task to read through, so we have to resort to glancing over them. Already for me, who has a particular focus on it, let alone for our coding developers. Else everything else work wise would start to suffer, too. That is by all means not a complaint, I would hate for any of you to become less active, less invested and less communicative. Please never change!

And we absolutely appreciate just how patient, how understanding and how supportive you guys are. It is incredibly humbling, and at no point it is something that puts our minds at rest à la "oh they are patient anyway", to the contrary: it makes us feel double, triple as terrible when we have to make you wait yet again. Trust me when I say that we are working really hard in the background to improve all our processes, procedures and structure to improve our general disposability for all modules around, including the Viggen. We always want to give you more, not less. And I often said it: us not replying does not equal us not reading, or us not noticing. Eventually we read and note everything.

All your points are taken, guys, and all the "salt" and "ranting" in this thread is 100% warranted, and I would like to apologize deeply to all of you that you feel currently neglected. Please know: work is being done in the background to address all of these issues long term. And I also agree, we should communicate that better and more clearly and more often (!), hence I also added my post above to the conversation, so you get a bit more insight into our current dealings. We will try to do better in this regard - and we will deliver on our promises eventually. We would never allow ourselves to let you all down in the end. I also agree that without you, our great community, any of our products could never have been what they are today. I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for that, you guys are simply amazing, and you will always have my deepest love and respect for that.

The one promise that I can make, that we can make: we love the Viggen just as much as we love the Tomcat or any module to come, and we will never let it come to a point where we simply give up on it, or let it rot in the boneyard, so to speak, even if atm you all have a bit the impression of it being like that. We do listen, and everything you said here strikes us at the core and pushes us even more to do better. You all deserve our best, and not our minimum.

Thank you all for being the way you are, for not only supporting us with your patience, but also for holding us to our own higher standards and putting the finger exactly where it hurts most. It keeps us on our toes, and I hope that will never change, that you guys will never change. All our journey so far would not have been the same without you guys. Thank you so much for that! ❤️ 

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 9

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

5 hours ago, TOViper said:

P.S.: Let's to a little test ... @IronMike : I have forgotton to ask: What can we do to help you to help us to help you?

works 😄 😉

grafik.png

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

I get so many notifications, for every like reaction, thanks reaction, reply, quote, ping, etc...

Sounds like you should turn off notifications for reactions.  Or we all agree to stop liking and thanking your posts. 😁

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

38 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Sounds like you should turn off notifications for reactions.  Or we all agree to stop liking and thanking your posts. 😁

well, it helps me keep track a bit what folks appreciate and what not, etc... although tbh, while nice to get likes, it is the least thing we're after hehe 🙂

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

I have send several posts about the poor Landing light and too bright Anti-Collission light and the degradation of EP 13 .

Most of my remarks have been fixed and You can now fly Viggen around the clock as we do in NOSIG

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy, that Viggen will recive some major update, and I am looking forward to it. But I also understand, that some modules need much more work, that HB is changing their structure to support creating new modules and maintaining older ones faster and better. And Viggen here, despite some bugs here and there, is good, solid piece. So, be it November, December or even early 2022, it still doesn't matter to me that much. I would say, personally, that I am getting fair share of fun already. Every update bringing digital Viggen (or any other plane, from any other team, for that matter) closer to real thing is a solid plus for me. And it is worth waiting for.

3 hours ago, Spirale said:

Yesterday was the October 14th, blessed day for the Viggen update...Result= no update, not even a word from ED to explain what's going on...

Uhm, no. That was the date for the Tomcat update. Viggen update is in November:

On 9/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, Cobra847 said:

Oct 14th: Major F-14 Patch, including JESTER Lantirn, Forrestal class and other major improvements.

Nov 14th: Major AJS-37 Patch, including at minimum: PBR overhaul, Cockpit improvement/overhaul, sound set(s), tactical numbering and various other stuff/bugs (radar performance, a few system fixes, et al.) (and ideally, depending on how we feel, EA exit)

And yes, it won't be Nov 14th either, as this is a Sunday (no clue how HB came up with these dates, maybe they are internal deadlines), but it should be somewhere around that date, probably Nov 17th or 24th.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey guys,

The crunch on the upcoming F-14 release was a bit heavier and more intense than we expected and the entire schedule was somewhat thrown off due to the one week delay (so we've spent additional time on F-14 related hotfixes). This might mean the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November rather than the middle as initially envisioned. Generally, we want to pack it as full as we can, so we can clear most of our remaining todo's and focus on any smaller things that may still remain towards end of year - apologies for this slip.

JESTER Lantirn and the Forrestal have been a pair of really big milestones for our team, and we hope to match that level of effort with the next Viggen update - both in terms of new features but equally so in QoL and bug-fixing. We're displeased with it's current state and hope to make it a great one and will be working hard over the next 4 weeks to deliver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

6 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

The crunch on the upcoming F-14 release was a bit heavier and more intense than we expected and the entire schedule was somewhat thrown off due to the one week delay (so we've spent additional time on F-14 related hotfixes). This might mean the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November rather than the middle as initially envisioned. Generally, we want to pack it as full as we can, so we can clear most of our remaining todo's and focus on any smaller things that may still remain towards end of year - apologies for this slip.

JESTER Lantirn and the Forrestal have been a pair of really big milestones for our team, and we hope to match that level of effort with the next Viggen update - both in terms of new features but equally so in QoL and bug-fixing. We're displeased with it's current state and hope to make it a great one and will be working hard over the next 4 weeks to deliver.

Can‘t say I’m surprised at all. Still very disappointing as the same thing just happens over and over again. Viggen drawing the short straw.

If it slips further past end of November I‘m seriously annoyed and at this point my trust in Heatblur’s PR is quickly eroding. I’m just tired of big announcements in regards to the Viggen that are then not kept or delayed again, because of the Tomcat constantly getting  priority and I say that as a Tomcat customer.

Sidenote/rant: I seriously can’t understand why ED is apparently unable to timely coordinate their patch/hotfix schedule with their third parties..this seems to be another recurring theme.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick update. Really appreciate it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-4790K @ 4x4GHz + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey guys,

I was wondering about the lack of Viggen changes today, this explains why. Thanks for your hard work, will spend time on the LANTIRN then dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, Airhunter said:

Great to hear! Viggen is already in a decent state and has no major bugs per se. I do hope this crunch won't mean we don't see the early and IRIAF 14A this year though 🙂 

I disagree. Viggen has a huge amount of bugs and flaws that make the more advanced features useless, expecially in mutliplayer. 

Edited by gcze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

OK!
I will fill that time with flying the Cat, and I am looking forward having fun anyway with HB stuff
Take your time to make that next Viggen update a good&working one!

my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Yx920L1ezoWQkYKCGYB9w

my PC: CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.4 GHz | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 40 GB 3000 MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD SYS + 500 GB SSD DCS + 1 TB HDD | Win10 Pro

my controls: A-10 Warthog Stick + Throttle | Rift CV1 | ViaComPro

my mods: FC3 | AJS-37 | F-14 | F-16C | F/A-18 | F-5E-3 | L-39 | (HAWK) | MiG-21 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | Mi-24 | Combined Arms | Nevada | Syria | Persian Gulf

6 hours ago, gcze said:

I disagree. Viggen has a huge amount of bugs and flaws that make the more advanced features useless, expecially in mutliplayer. 

Can you elaborate? I use the Viggen in MP all the time, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. 

• Like 4

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 10/21/2021 at 6:19 AM, Machalot said:

Can you elaborate? I use the Viggen in MP all the time, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. 

- Completly inacurate performance

- Advanced codes for RB-15 doesn't work

- wrong or lack warnings where deploy rb15 not meet parameters. 

- completly wrong behawior landing gear and warnings relatd to them on panel 

- lack of calculate Vr  (simply hardcoded speed), wrong, and very simplified fuel calculation

- lack of all serwis data (ID-NR)

- can use weapons on ground

- wrong behavior  time on target, and missle on target. 

-  close to the airport, always want to calculate plan  from the airport, not entered manualy runway point. 

- very simplified ground radar. 

- lack of possibility selection salve, single mode ARAK ( ground crew) 

If something is not in the HB manual, it doesn't mean the AJS-37 didn't have it 😉

And many, many  other things, described on many others posts/topics, above things from memory, last time i didn't fly Viggen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please make vapour 🙂

Owned Modules: A-10C Warthog / A-10C II Tank Killer / F-15C / SU-33 / AV-8B Harrier / F-16C Viper / AJS-37 Viggen / Persian Gulf / F/A-18C Hornet / Syria / SuperCarrier

Wishlist: Tornado / EA-6 Prowler / Jaguar 

alpiinoo_signature.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the changelog.

• Like 1

Owned Modules: A-10C Warthog / A-10C II Tank Killer / F-15C / SU-33 / AV-8B Harrier / F-16C Viper / AJS-37 Viggen / Persian Gulf / F/A-18C Hornet / Syria / SuperCarrier

Wishlist: Tornado / EA-6 Prowler / Jaguar 

alpiinoo_signature.png

20 minutes ago, Snappy said:

So is the big announced November Update for the Viggen still on track?

regards,

Snappy

I guess we will see in a few hours. So far there is no indication that it shouldn't be on track.

Tornado3 small.jpg