Questions about the next major update and the ea situation.

IDontLikeBigbrother

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy, that Viggen will recive some major update, and I am looking forward to it. But I also understand, that some modules need much more work, that HB is changing their structure to support creating new modules and maintaining older ones faster and better. And Viggen here, despite some bugs here and there, is good, solid piece. So, be it November, December or even early 2022, it still doesn't matter to me that much. I would say, personally, that I am getting fair share of fun already. Every update bringing digital Viggen (or any other plane, from any other team, for that matter) closer to real thing is a solid plus for me. And it is worth waiting for.

3 hours ago, Spirale said:

Yesterday was the October 14th, blessed day for the Viggen update...Result= no update, not even a word from ED to explain what's going on...

Uhm, no. That was the date for the Tomcat update. Viggen update is in November:

On 9/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, Cobra847 said:

Oct 14th: Major F-14 Patch, including JESTER Lantirn, Forrestal class and other major improvements.

Nov 14th: Major AJS-37 Patch, including at minimum: PBR overhaul, Cockpit improvement/overhaul, sound set(s), tactical numbering and various other stuff/bugs (radar performance, a few system fixes, et al.) (and ideally, depending on how we feel, EA exit)

And yes, it won't be Nov 14th either, as this is a Sunday (no clue how HB came up with these dates, maybe they are internal deadlines), but it should be somewhere around that date, probably Nov 17th or 24th.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey guys,

The crunch on the upcoming F-14 release was a bit heavier and more intense than we expected and the entire schedule was somewhat thrown off due to the one week delay (so we've spent additional time on F-14 related hotfixes). This might mean the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November rather than the middle as initially envisioned. Generally, we want to pack it as full as we can, so we can clear most of our remaining todo's and focus on any smaller things that may still remain towards end of year - apologies for this slip.

JESTER Lantirn and the Forrestal have been a pair of really big milestones for our team, and we hope to match that level of effort with the next Viggen update - both in terms of new features but equally so in QoL and bug-fixing. We're displeased with it's current state and hope to make it a great one and will be working hard over the next 4 weeks to deliver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

6 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

The crunch on the upcoming F-14 release was a bit heavier and more intense than we expected and the entire schedule was somewhat thrown off due to the one week delay (so we've spent additional time on F-14 related hotfixes). This might mean the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November rather than the middle as initially envisioned. Generally, we want to pack it as full as we can, so we can clear most of our remaining todo's and focus on any smaller things that may still remain towards end of year - apologies for this slip.

JESTER Lantirn and the Forrestal have been a pair of really big milestones for our team, and we hope to match that level of effort with the next Viggen update - both in terms of new features but equally so in QoL and bug-fixing. We're displeased with it's current state and hope to make it a great one and will be working hard over the next 4 weeks to deliver.

Can‘t say I’m surprised at all. Still very disappointing as the same thing just happens over and over again. Viggen drawing the short straw.

If it slips further past end of November I‘m seriously annoyed and at this point my trust in Heatblur’s PR is quickly eroding. I’m just tired of big announcements in regards to the Viggen that are then not kept or delayed again, because of the Tomcat constantly getting  priority and I say that as a Tomcat customer.

Sidenote/rant: I seriously can’t understand why ED is apparently unable to timely coordinate their patch/hotfix schedule with their third parties..this seems to be another recurring theme.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick update. Really appreciate it! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hey guys,

I was wondering about the lack of Viggen changes today, this explains why. Thanks for your hard work, will spend time on the LANTIRN then dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 10/18/2021 at 6:33 PM, Airhunter said:

Great to hear! Viggen is already in a decent state and has no major bugs per se. I do hope this crunch won't mean we don't see the early and IRIAF 14A this year though 🙂 

I disagree. Viggen has a huge amount of bugs and flaws that make the more advanced features useless, expecially in mutliplayer. 

Edited by gcze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,

OK!
I will fill that time with flying the Cat, and I am looking forward having fun anyway with HB stuff
Take your time to make that next Viggen update a good&working one!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

6 hours ago, gcze said:

I disagree. Viggen has a huge amount of bugs and flaws that make the more advanced features useless, expecially in mutliplayer. 

Can you elaborate? I use the Viggen in MP all the time, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. 

• Like 4

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

On 10/21/2021 at 6:19 AM, Machalot said:

Can you elaborate? I use the Viggen in MP all the time, so I'm wondering what I'm missing. 

- Completly inacurate performance

- Advanced codes for RB-15 doesn't work

- wrong or lack warnings where deploy rb15 not meet parameters. 

- completly wrong behawior landing gear and warnings relatd to them on panel 

- lack of calculate Vr  (simply hardcoded speed), wrong, and very simplified fuel calculation

- lack of all serwis data (ID-NR)

- can use weapons on ground

- wrong behavior  time on target, and missle on target. 

-  close to the airport, always want to calculate plan  from the airport, not entered manualy runway point. 

- very simplified ground radar. 

- lack of possibility selection salve, single mode ARAK ( ground crew) 

If something is not in the HB manual, it doesn't mean the AJS-37 didn't have it 😉

And many, many  other things, described on many others posts/topics, above things from memory, last time i didn't fly Viggen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Snappy said:

So is the big announced November Update for the Viggen still on track?

regards,

Snappy

I guess we will see in a few hours. So far there is no indication that it shouldn't be on track.

Tornado3 small.jpg

33 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I guess we will see in a few hours. So far there is no indication that it shouldn't be on track.

Didnt HB intimate that the patchmay slip from mid to late Nov? 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

35 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Last I heard they were unsure whether they were going to make it. Shocking right..

Can't remember where I saw it, it's was either here on the forums or over on Hoggit. But yeah, I guess we'll know in a few hours.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

8 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Didnt HB intimate that the patchmay slip from mid to late Nov? 

4 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Last I heard they were unsure whether they were going to make it. Shocking right..

Can't remember where I saw it, it's was either here on the forums or over on Hoggit. But yeah, I guess we'll know in a few hours.

I haven't seen any such notice here on the forums. I don't know what they do on Hoggit :dunno:

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's literally in this thread on the 3rd page 😛 Honestly I'm not expecting anything substantial today. If they thought stuff was going to slip one month ago, it's highly unlikely it won't have slipped more in the meantime (especially with issues like the Tomcat's lighting being broken again...).