Cluster munition extremely inaccuracy in auto (CCRP) release

Raviar
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Hi ED, appreciate all of your efforts.

I am flying hornet since launch at day 1 and I believe the iron bomb and cluster bomb accuracy changed alot during this 4 years!

I tested multiple pass with the below profile:

all release done without speed change, during release keep it about 540 560 knots

the mission has no wind setting and it is in Caucasus. It get much WORTH in Neveda over Nelis (i can provide track and tacview)

The designated WP for Auto bomb delivery setted in the mission with ground level alt, the target WP set IN-FRONT of targets! not even behind or on the middle of it and yet bombs fall short!!!

Profile:

2000 ft level pass fuse set for 1500

1400 ft level pass fuse set for 900

900 ft level pass fuse set for 500

tested with CBU-99 and RockeEye. attachments contain mission, tracks and tacviews.

Tests without tacview and trackfiles:

Also tested 2000 ft level pass and fuse set for 900, 1200, 1500 and 1800ft

1500 ft level pass fuse set for 500, 900 and 1200

(seems CBU-99 has better accuracy compare to RockEye specially above 1900ft)

May be I am doing it wrong with Alt and/or speed or bomb profiles! please advise if thats the case, appreciate it

CBU-99.zip Rockeye.zip F-18 Cluster test.miz

No, the burst altitide is set on the canister itself. Setting it in the jet only affects the release cues.

Same thing regarding LGBs. We shouldn't be able to set them in the jet; it should be like the F-16 or F-5 where it's set on the ground.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

On 9/4/2021 at 11:48 PM, Tholozor said:

No, the burst altitide is set on the canister itself. Setting it in the jet only affects the release cues.

Same thing regarding LGBs. We shouldn't be able to set them in the jet; it should be like the F-16 or F-5 where it's set on the ground.

I dont have that information regarding CBUs fusing  settings in 4th gen, however if its correct, why do the Viper and hornet have fuse setting in MFDs?! that doesnt seems to be accurate statement! if so the ED should simulate it as we can decide on the ground! but then how about the Air start! (it can be set back to default or smth)

What I can say is it is not accurate ! the bombs fall too short even at 2000ft with 1500ft fuse setting! as I mention the release point for Auto release set 300 ft infront of column! the column is 300 ft long, means there is 600ft inaccuracy if we consider the bombs should release at designated WP. on the other hand its not idempotent with different maps or different alt on diff target AGLs

• ED Team
  • Solution

the setting in the mfd is a work around currently while we can not set them on the ground. 

your deliveries are very low, often with the break X in the HUD, when I take control and do the release all seems fine to me

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

the setting in the mfd is a work around currently while we can not set them on the ground. 

your deliveries are very low, often with the break X in the HUD, when I take control and do the release all seems fine to me

Thanks a lot @BIGNEWY for the response and followup, I know the Break X is not weapon fragmentation as Matt Wagner mentioned it in his video back to 2018 (If I can address the year correcty), I know it cause the error in delivery, however I flew without receiving Break X may be the track show break X, also maybe I should fly over 1500 as @Svend_Dellepude mentioned

On 9/6/2021 at 11:33 AM, Raviar said:

... also maybe I should fly over 1500 as @Svend_Dellepude mentioned

That's what I've been doing recently with very good results. In my last CAS mission I dropped 8 Rockeyes on a column of 10 parked trucks (positioned in an arc about 1500 ft. long), from 4k feet, level.  Hit 9 out of 10, since the closest truck was off some distance from a straight line. I put the target diamond on the center of the column and interval of 200 ft.

I still set the VT to 1500.

https://youtu.be/urm1q447v80

• Like 1