Would You Be Interested in a DCS Subscription Service for Bonus Content?

StevanJ

Would You Be Interested in a DCS Subscription Service for Bonus Content?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. So, alot of people want to support DLC, Would you be interested in Donating a small fee every month for Bonus Content? ie Special Skins, One off Asset Models for the Mission Editor, Special Forum Flair, Custom Missions, and maybe some miles points too?

• Yes, I want to support DCS!
    • No, I want to support DCS through individual purchases please.
    • Id consider it, only because of the offer custom content (ie miles points) but im on the fence..

If the pull for this had any strength at all MAC would have been a thing by now and based on that subscription model.  This isn't good for us long term players who take frequent vacations for months or years at a crack but continue to follow, study, and buy the whole while, there's more of us than you'd think.  Very few stay active the entire time in any game with this many years of longevity, and that longevity itself shows this business model is working for them as it is.  Most of us keep coming back for the quality content and have proven we will always pay directly for great content.

• Like 1

Didn't read the whole thread, but I would like to have a donate option, so that I could support ED without buying modules whenever I want and with the amount I want (of course in addition to paid modules). No subscription, no demands, no paywall, no bonuses needed. ED could use the money however they deem right and if other players profit from my donation indirectly - even better.

This extra income would surely support the development of the core game in some way and reduce the dependency of new modules at least a little. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hive said:

Didn't read the whole thread, but I would like to have a donate option, so that I could support ED without buying modules whenever I want and with the amount I want (of course in addition to paid modules). No subscription, no demands, no paywall, no bonuses needed. ED could use the money however they deem right and if other players profit from my donation indirectly - even better.

This extra income would surely support the development of the core game in some way and reduce the dependency of new modules at least a little. 

You can always gift a module, you would do double donation like that, one to ED and one to some lucky person 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Furiz said:

You can always gift a module, you would do double donation like that, one to ED and one to some lucky person 😉

Yeah, a nice idea. But that would further emphasize the focus and dependency on modules which is the opposite of what i want. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nodak said:

If your going to pay someone for doing nothing for you, than expect the production of nothing as a legitimate response.

I would not pay them for doing nothing, but for continiously developing the best flight sim 🙂

• Like 2