Jump to content

Dear ED, Enough Already. Release the Damn Plane!


MGM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes, release it now, so we can then complain about missing items and annoying bugs 🙄

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, release it now, so we can then complain about missing items and annoying bugs 🙄

People will do that regardless of the model's condition, Einstein. 😏

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, release it now, so we can then complain about missing items and annoying bugs 🙄

not that i'm suggesting that i'd be fore an early release... but isn't it standard to complain about missing items and annoying bugs for modules regardless of the release date?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite happy to wait, glad we getting to see and hear more about this incredible looking module 👏 

  • Like 4

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ed's doing a damn great job on the damn plane.....no premature releases with any damn issues please......I'll gladly wait until the damn plane is ready.....btw ED the damn plane is really looking good 👍

  • Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind V2 Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Ed's doing a damn great job on the damn plane.....no premature releases with any damn issues please......I'll gladly wait until the damn plane is ready.....btw ED the damn plane is really looking damn good 👍

 

You left out a "damn" Basco!! ^^^^ There, fixed it for ya 🙂

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 6:48 AM, JimBo* said:

not that i'm suggesting that i'd be fore an early release... but isn't it standard to complain about missing items and annoying bugs for modules regardless of the release date?

 

That user has a zero-tolerance policy on complaints about bugs or missing features. Apparently we're selfish and entitled for wanting a completed product free of bugs with long term product sustainment after release. 


Edited by Nealius
  • Like 3

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or September 15 bc that's the date given on Steam..
Or whenever, bc really, they'll release it when ready. I don't like it either, I'd rather fly that beauty today than tomorrow.. but then, I'd rather fly it feature complete and bugfree, so I can wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I have never understood the complaint about "premature releases". If a module is released in a state that you feel is too incomplete to enjoy, then just don't buy it at that time. Avoid the "premature purchase", so to speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 минут назад, Eteokles сказал:

Or September 15 bc that's the date given on Steam..

Gabe requires pre-releases to have a date indicated though it can be moved. Steam date is often just a placeholder although it can probably give you a general idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Cab said:

Personally I have never understood the complaint about "premature releases". If a module is released in a state that you feel is too incomplete to enjoy, then just don't buy it at that time. Avoid the "premature purchase", so to speak.

You can only do that on the general Early Access idea, where ED tells you what's included and what's not. Now with the Mossie, I'm Ok with what's included.
What I'm talking about is the stuff you don't know until after early access release - how bug-ridden the aircraft is. See how the F-16 came out back in the day 😉 
So I'd rather not have them release it early due to some sort of pressure, but get rid of most of the bugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eteokles said:

You can only do that on the general Early Access idea, where ED tells you what's included and what's not. Now with the Mossie, I'm Ok with what's included.
What I'm talking about is the stuff you don't know until after early access release - how bug-ridden the aircraft is. See how the F-16 came out back in the day 😉 
So I'd rather not have them release it early due to some sort of pressure, but get rid of most of the bugs.

Not trying to be difficult here, but I still don't see the problem. Plenty of people will buy any module on the first day. A person can just wait to read their reviews before they purchase it. And if your one of those who pre-chase or buy on release only to discover afterward it isn't in the state you require, then just set it aside until it matures. You can "simulate' that is hasn't been released yet. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, Eteokles said:

I can do that, but I don't see how that disallows me to prefer the thing to be released bug-free rather than too early.

 

Well at the end of the day it will be an Early Access module being released onto an Open Beta branch of DCS, so I wouldn't expect it to release "bug-free" to be honest. When you start going down the EA/Open Beta route I would expect there to be bugs, probably several. I for one enjoy the open beta for this very reason. I like to help out where I can with squashing the bugs.

 

If you personally would prefer a "bug-free" release you, as we all do, get the choice to wait until the module exits Early Access and is on the stable branch.

 

 


Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-7820X, ASUS ROG Strix X229, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz, 11GB Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti, 1x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x 500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2, Windows 10. VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Throttle, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift S.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eteokles said:

I can do that, but I don't see how that disallows me to prefer the thing to be released bug-free rather than too early.

It doesn't. I was just sharing that I don't understand the concern.

 

No worries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It will be released about September 9th, because September 9th is the official announcement that the mosquito and channel map co-purchase discounts will end.

i think it just mean it won't be released before the 9th. to be sure only time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh JimBo......'I think it  just mean it won't be released before the 9th' ????......come on mate get yourself a beer,watch a film,chill out,this is just a module of one particular sim....it's gonna come this month that's for sure.....surely you can wait just that little bit longer buddy 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind V2 Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just think how satisfying it will be to eviscerate a Luftwaffe plane from nose to tail with the quadraple hispano.   Really looking forward to seeing how the new damage model and animations hold up to entire sections of aircraft being blown to bits.     😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Oh JimBo......'I think it  just mean it won't be released before the 9th' ????......come on mate get yourself a beer,watch a film,chill out,this is just a module of one particular sim....it's gonna come this month that's for sure.....surely you can wait just that little bit longer buddy 👍

Oh Basco... read into it again. 

"i think it just mean it won't be released before the the 9th." how you made the jump to "come on mate get yourself a beer,..." take your time we got all month or longer.

wheel chocks.


Edited by JimBo*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! If this thread actually works then: Dear ED: Fix all of the damn issues with all of the damn not finished modules that you released years ago instead of making more incomplete modules and asking for more damn money........

 

  Yeah well......Damn.......Was worth a try..........


Edited by Zimmerdylan
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JimBo* said:

Oh Basco... read into it again. 

"i think it just mean it won't be released before the the 9th." how you made the jump to "come on mate get yourself a beer,..." take your time we got all month or longer.

wheel chocks.

 

 

I apologise JimBo.....ROFL....but it's your grammar mate,it threw me,it should read 'means' not 'mean',I read it how it reads my old China 😉

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind V2 Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...