Glass cockpit layer doesn't enable to see anything outside

OLD CROW

Please, could you fade out a bit the glass cockpit layer?, cause it is almost impossible to see anything outside at normal visual zoom positions. I guess the levels of brightness of this layer are not subordinated to the amount and position of the light so, in most weather conditions it creates weird visual situations,.almost reduces your field of view with no reason.

Screen_210827_220536.pngScreen_210827_222757.pngScreen_210827_222620.png

Full zoom in at less than 1 mile from the fires... the fog is inside the cockpit.

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

For me this is ok, since human can't turn head like track ir allow in game. Pilot is strapped to sit very tight so max he can turn head is around 90 degree, so no way that he could see tail stabilizer. So this fog is very well placed for me 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

For me this is ok, since human can't turn head like track ir allow in game. Pilot is strapped to sit very tight so max he can turn head is around 90 degree, so no way that he could see tail stabilizer. So this fog is very well placed for me 🙂

???? You're mixing concepts. Watching properly outside the glass is not a question of using track ir or VR or your mouse as the head axis. 

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Lol you would be able to see stabilizer in your aircraft if you where in a fighter you can turn your head to about 80-85 degrees if not further but don't think this is what his talking about, hell even in ww1 they wear those scarfs to help keep irritation on there neck down when checking there six.           Think his point is the amount of visual you can see physically  

11 minutes ago, Gumbie said:

Lol you would be able to see stabilizer in your aircraft if you where in a fighter you can turn your head to about 80-85 degrees if not further but don't think this is what his talking about, hell even in ww1 they wear those scarfs to help keep irritation on there neck down when checking there six.           Think his point is the amount of visual you can see physically  

But he is referring to rear section of the canopy.

You can see tail section but not with both eyes, even you manage to turn head 100-110 degree you still has only one eye vision. So forget about any details at long range, you can see if you have plane on six but you wont be able to see anything on the ground. 

Rear part of the canopy is the place where glass curvature changes a lot, it would create view distortion, addition to this you are looking at canopy glass at lower angle which will distort view even more.

Guys who fly VR could say something how easy it to check 6 :), because with track ir is much much easier 😛

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

47 minutes ago, grafspee said:

But he is referring to rear section of the canopy.

Could you tell me in which part of my initial post I've refered specifically only to the rear? Pictures show the rear, also the sides. This layer is anoying in 360 degrees, but in the rear part is even more noticiable, of course, due at the front you got a flat windshield. I'm talking all time to the visual layer they've implemented to create the sensation you're inside a cockpit covered by a piece of plexiglass: that one generates too much "inside light reflection shadows" or "too much view distortion" (using your words), even can block your visual at very short distances, even the weather is overcast (Pictures attached). This layer has been recently implemented with this point of non transparency, and now Mustang have same visual issues as Spitfire had in the past. Basically I don't need another more element to add to eliminate any possibility of seeing outside the A/C beyond the Propeller... or my next complain would be "why labels size are so small?" LODs of small size like WW2 Fighters in DCS can be anoying (if not impossible to find) for any kind of spotting beyond 1 mile away.

Guys who fly VR could say something how easy it to check 6 :), because with track ir is much much easier 😛

I still remember when the only possibility to check your surrounding views was pressing any keybind and that possibility was even "more unnatural" than any Head track device, but this is not the point here. The point is we can't see an A380 at 1.5 miles away from my 3 to 9 OC cause a "lovely" distortion enables nothing more than its own reflection.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

1 hour ago, OLD CROW said:

Could you tell me in which part of my initial post

All your screens shots are from rear part of canopy 🙂

And i am fully aware of this, because in Dora and Anton and even K-4 has same dimmed rear part of canopy, i think this effect is done to simulate increasing inside cockpit reflections when you look at shallow angle, when you look up ahead left right it is ok since you look at almost 90 degree to canopy's plain, but if you look at far rear part, angle is much much lower maybe even 30 degrees, so it reflects a lot more.

Edited by grafspee

All your screens shots are from rear part of canopy 🙂

The third one is looking to 3 OC, not all them are looking to the rear. If I wanted a guess I would have written this post in complains or wherever, but I came specifically here just to get any kind of official explanation. Even that thanks anyway. 

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I couldn't tell you exactly what its from it could be haze, or like blur from condensation like a car on a rainy day, again not 100% sure why this happens but I notice it doesn't happen with the air on in some Jets, I could be wrong about this also.       

Sorry I couldn't be more help with your inquiry maybe someone will come along with the correct response for you. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, grafspee said:

uys who fly VR could say something how easy it to check 6 :), because with track ir is much much easier

Well, Vr doesn't reflect the real field of vision either, that's missing a good bit 😉

On 9/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, OLD CROW said:

Please, could you fade out a bit the glass cockpit layer?, cause it is almost impossible to see anything outside at normal visual zoom positions. I guess the levels of brightness of this layer are not subordinated to the amount and position of the light so, in most weather conditions it creates weird visual situations,.almost reduces your field of view with no reason.

try this and report back.

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries

temp_v4.zip

Edited by Hobel
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hobel said:

try this and report back.

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries

Thanks for advance.... but if those files are mods that's the main reason why I'd came here and didn't download any of those before or just mod the layer and re-install it in its folder: everything modificated it's not valid when you try to acces to any server (99% of them), also I'm affraid older modificated files are always replaced by the default ones every single update. I was thinking in a long term official solution and maybe it's too complex fading the foggy layer just to see outside any cockpit.... sure they added the label point for this reason 🙃. I'll give the zip a chance and I'll report back.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

On 02.09.2021 at 16:07, grafspee said:

Для меня это нормально, так как человек не может поворачивать голову, как позволяет в игре инфракрасный след. Пилот пристегнут, чтобы сидеть очень плотно, так что макс, который он может повернуть голову, составляет около 90 градусов, поэтому он никак не мог видеть стабилизатор хвоста. Так что этот туман очень хорошо расположен для меня 🙂

In the cockpit of the thunderbolt, there are definitely no such problems with the dimmed layer as the Mustang. How can this be explained? 

32 minutes ago, Red_Pilot said:

In the cockpit of the thunderbolt, there are definitely no such problems with the dimmed layer as the Mustang. How can this be explained? 

Different shape of canopy ?

6 minutes ago, Red_Pilot said:

Do you really believe that?

Just to clarify things,, im referring to original post screen shots where there is dimmed area in rear part of canopy, last canopy screens shots looks like some kind of reflection not sure but it looks ugly. Looks like dirt for me.

Edited by grafspee

8 hours ago, OLD CROW said:

Thanks for advance.... but if those files are mods that's the main reason why I'd came here and didn't download any of those before or just mod the layer and re-install it in its folder: everything modificated it's not valid when you try to acces to any server (99% of them), also I'm affraid older modificated files are always replaced by the default ones every single update. I was thinking in a long term official solution and maybe it's too complex fading the foggy layer just to see outside any cockpit.... sure they added the label point for this reason 🙃. I'll give the zip a chance and I'll report back.

That's not quite true, online they won't have any problems with IC or anything else, I only play online PvP myself.

The "Saved Games" folder also has a "special position",

and as far as new versions of DCS are concerned, and after an update, nothing is deleted. or reset what is in the folder

Edited by Hobel
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grafspee said:

Different shape of canopy ?

In regards to the OP's post looking dead 6, this is an issue in quite a few aircraft. Last I checked it's a problem in all the FC3 aircraft and even the FA-18. Others, F-14, A-10, etc., don't have this canopy crazing. It reminds me of when I wan't as good at building model kits and used model glue on the canopies: The fumes caused irreversible fogging. 

Edited by Nealius

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 AM, OLD CROW said:

Screen_210827_220536.pngScreen_210827_222757.pngScreen_210827_222620.png

Full zoom in at less than 1 mile from the fires... the fog is inside the cockpit.

Some of the warbirds have already started getting the new glass tech, it should hit the P-51 soon, and should solve this. Thanks.

• Thanks 6

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png