Mosquito Quick Checklist (Kneeboard)

Sydy

Hi gents,

Anxious for the Mosquito, I made a Quick Checklist for us. I used two “Pilot’s Notes” for it, one from 1945 and another from 1950.

it is now available on the user files download page: Mosquito Quick Checklist (Old Link - File disappeared)

Mosquito Quick Checklist User Files Download page -  New Download Link

00-Mosquito_Quick_Checklist.png

I hope you guys like it.

Looking forward to flying it at treetop level!

PS: Just uploaded vs 1.1 and its Night Ops version.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Version 1.1 available
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 12

Very cool! Thank you.

What's the "V for victory" item mean? It sounds like a muscle memory aid, like the "clockwise checks" on entering the cockpit in a P-47.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

25 minutes ago, Yoda967 said:

Very cool! Thank you.

What's the "V for victory" item mean? It sounds like a muscle memory aid, like the "clockwise checks" on entering the cockpit in a P-47.

Hi Yoda,

That’s exactly what razo+r said. To start (the real plane) you make a V with your fore finger and middle finger. 😉

Just like the “V for Victory” on the spitfire. Btw, remember to close the covers! 8-)

Enjoy it! 

• Like 1

good work Sydy. Downloaded your checklist and just awaiting the release now 🙂

Talking of the Starter and Boost coil buttons, in the Spitfire I have these mapped to my Warthog throttle on the two "ENG OPER" switches which are sprung loaded into the centre position. They work great for the Starter and Boost coil buttons. You actually have to make the "V" with your fingers and push both switches forward at the same time. Feels realistic in VR.

What I'm hoping for in the Mossie is a similar set up, but as we have two engines and four buttons, I'm hoping they will work similar to the Spitfire where the buttons work if the covers are open but don't if the covers are closed. This way I hope to map those same switches to both the left and right engine buttons at the same time, but use the covers as a kind of modifier so when starting the left engine the covers would be open allowing the switches to work on the left engine buttons, but not the right as these covers would be closed. When starting the right engine, the right covers would be open allowing the buttons to work but the covers on the left engine would be closed isolating the buttons on the left engine which would already be running! make sense? Hope it works in practice when the Mossie drops!!

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

11 minutes ago, bart said:

good work Sydy. Downloaded your checklist and just awaiting the release now 🙂

Talking of the Starter and Boost coil buttons, in the Spitfire I have these mapped to my Warthog throttle on the two "ENG OPER" switches which are sprung loaded into the centre position. They work great for the Starter and Boost coil buttons. You actually have to make the "V" with your fingers and push both switches forward at the same time. Feels realistic in VR.

What I'm hoping for in the Mossie is a similar set up, but as we have two engines and four buttons, I'm hoping they will work similar to the Spitfire where the buttons work if the covers are open but don't if the covers are closed. This way I hope to map those same switches to both the left and right engine buttons at the same time, but use the covers as a kind of modifier so when starting the left engine the covers would be open allowing the switches to work on the left engine buttons, but not the right as these covers would be closed. When starting the right engine, the right covers would be open allowing the buttons to work but the covers on the left engine would be closed isolating the buttons on the left engine which would already be running! Hope this makes sense! Hope it works in practice when the Mossie drops too!!

bart,

Pretty nice suggestion! You don’t need four buttons. You may use the same combination as the Spit for the port engine and add a “Modifier” on the same button combination for the Starboard engine.

I use the Stick pinky button as Modifier.

I will give it a try for sure.

tks,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 1

Found this great video which shows some of the start up and just how cramped the cockpit was.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Thanks very much Sydy.....great work buddy,very much appreciated 👍

• Like 1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

56 minutes ago, Basco1 said:

Thanks very much Sydy.....great work buddy,very much appreciated 👍

Hi Basco1,

Thank you for your message. This is the way I “pay back” the community for the fun I have flying DCS. A lot of people in the community dedicate their time producing missions, campaigns, liveries, mods and helping us on many things.

Words like yours make my day. I thank you for that.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Typo

On 9/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, Krupi said:

Found this great video which shows some of the start up and just how cramped the cockpit was.

Demonstrates that there’s no problem reaching the controls on the right from the pilots seat.

Cockpit is tiny.

Yes, I think the reason that the Navigator looked after some of the engine controls was more to do with ergonomics of having to use the right hand than not being able to reach. Classic 1940s British ergonomics 😂

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

On 9/4/2021 at 3:46 AM, LcSummers said:

Thank s alot!

I have started on a cold start procedure but i must admit, your work is fantastic. Great to have it.

Tks a lot! I am glad you like it!

Once it is released and after we experiment and mature the checklist a bit, I will release a new vs with a Night Ops option.

Take care,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just an update note: I am quite happy with the checklist and It was a nice surprise to get the module name right on the first try.

If you have suggestions, pls let me know. I will give it a week so we try it and mature the checklist then I will make a night ops version as well.

All the best,

Sydy

48 minutes ago, TheCrysinator said:

I have absolutely no experience with British warbirds. Can someone explain why you need to switch the fuel source (fuel cocks) multiple times during startup, taxi and takeoff?

Also thank you very much for the kneeboard. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Basically start on the Outers and warm up on the Mains. This way you check the fuel lines.

Take off on the Outers, change to drop tanks and then outers and burn it asap because the are more vulnerable to flak and they are smaller than Mains. Then change to Mains.

Good luck!

btw I am adding few steps (Compass, Repeater and App Beam). I will mature it some more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...