I can't flare anymore during landing

ebabil

As soon as my main landing gear touches down, nose of the plane slams to the runway less than a second. So it doesn't give me a chance to keep my nose up.

I know I am not perfect at landings but at least I could do flares if I didin't cause tail strike already. Has something changed?

FC3 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | Ka-50 | F-14A/B | F-16CAH-64D

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: C-130 | UH-60 | F-4E

Youtube

Z390 / i7 9700K / RTX3070 / 32 GB Ram / 2x 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It seems you're landing with slow speed? I accelerate before touch down to reduce vertical speed and maintain AoA, then throttle to idle for touch down at optimal AoA. I don't have that issue, but if I still have the fuel tanks the nose goes down at around 130 knots or more.

Edited by Ignition

The latest update introduced a bug into the collision model (of the ventral fins?) of the viper. If you are landing with an AoA of higher than 13° this will force the nose down on landing immediately. If you land with a an AoA of around 10° (iirc), the FPV around the top quarter of the bar you can avoid the problem. Although you have to maintain this lower attitude during the rollout as well.

Apparently the lower AoA technique is preferred anyhow according a posting on this forum about viper landings. 

If you're slamming forward right after landing, you're coming in too fast. The Viper likes to land very softly, around 160ish depending on load out and fuel. I like to keep the AOA around the center of the bracket, air brakes open, and before touching down power to idle. Then as she slightly flares, just kiss the runway and hold that attitude till about 100-120 knots or so. The lighter she is, the longer the nose stays up. Then just keep the stick aft to use the stabilizers as an air brake, and start putting in wheel brakes. When the HUD stops showing speed, turn on NWS and just turn off the runway to park.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk